Stacks and Stacks Homewares
SAN FRANCISCO, CA, December 12, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Even with online shopping, holiday shipping schedules place the last day to order and still receive items (before the 24th) early next week.
You may be short on gift ideas, but you're not short on time! Even with online shopping, holiday shipping schedules place the last day to order and still receive items (before the 24th) early next week. With just 2 weeks left to go until Christmas Day, it's time to lock in gift ideas for everyone on your list.
Here are some tips to make holiday shopping easier:
- Limit the amount of stores and websites you visit. This allows you to save time and money by combining purchases for discounts (on websites) and reducing headaches (in the case of traditional stores.) Saving a buck by driving across town for something you can get at a store nearby is simply not worth the holiday hassle (not to mention the gas.)
- Keep all of your lists in your purse or wallet, divided by store and by person. In other words, if you plan on buying a tie rack for Dad, put it on your "Dad" list, and then also under a heading with the name of the store where you will purchase the gift. That way when you are shopping, you have all gift ideas planned out for each store you are visiting (cyber or otherwise), so that you don't miss out on promotional savings and free shipping deals.
- To avoid duplicate gift giving with other family members, cross off items on your list that you have given away as gift ideas to others. Prime example: when your mother-in-law calls to ask what in the world she can get your husband this year that he doesn't already have, go ahead and give her one of your good ideas, but then cross it off your list to avoid duplicates.
- Personalized gifts with a monogram, family name or other special memento add a special element to what are otherwise ordinary items, such as a scarves and cocktail glasses. This falls under the category of gifts for her, but also him: consider a personalized beer mug with your guy's marathon time engraved on it - an extra special and ultimately thoughtful gift.
- Think Outside the Season too! Not only can you get great deals this time of year on outdoor entertaining or recreation items, warm-weather gifts are fun for the recipient, giving them something to look forward to in spring. Think bubbling fountains, camping gear or a gift-certificate for spring break!
- And finally, for those people who just seem impossible to shop for, (which let's face it: we all have on our list), remember that you don't have to give them actual stuff. A donation to a favorite charity or a homemade gift certificate for an evening out with you is a great way to show your love and appreciation without cluttering their lives up with "stuff".
For more gift ideas, check out our handy gift finder, and while you are there, be sure to ask our organizer, Harriet Schechter, author of Let Go of Clutter (McGraw-Hill) for free advice regarding that burning question you have about staying organized for the holidays and year-round!
Stacks and Stacks has been a leader and pioneer in offering products to organize and furnish homes, offices, and gardens since 1984. For over 28 years we have searched for, and then tested products to find the best quality at the best prices.
Stacks and Stacks is an e-commerce company selling thousands of products for the home, garden and office please contact us at 510-214-4011.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Cathy McManus: