MESA, AZ, March 12, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Tax accountant Phillip Fry has premiered the new website http://www.IndependentContractorNews.com to report the latest independent contractor news articles, federal and state
court decisions and rulings, and government agency rules and regulations.
Whether a business associate or service provider is properly classified by the business and the government as an independent contractor or as an employee is a hotly-disputed matter that affects the income taxes, social security payroll taxes, a company's worker's compensation and unemployment insurance participation and contribution rates, and Obamacare company participation and taxes.
The U.S. Supreme Court has held that the following type of facts help determine whether an associate should be classified as an independent contractor or as an employee:
1. The extent to which the services rendered are an integral part of the principal's business.
2. The permanency of the relationship.
3. The amount of the alleged contractor's investment in facilities and equipment.
4. The nature and degree of control by the principal.
5. The alleged contractor's opportunities for profit and loss.
6. The amount of initiative, judgment, or foresight in open market competition with others required for the success of the claimed independent contractor.
7. The degree of independent business organization and operation.
"If a company wants an associate or service provider to be successfully classified as an independent contractor, one important step is to empower the contractor to make his or her own decisions and to take the actions he or she believes are necessary for the mutual profit and tax compliance by both the contractor and the company," recommends Mr. Fry, author of the upcoming book Empower Independent Contractors for Mutual Profit and Tax Compliance.
Another good planning step is for the associate or service provider to provide and invoice his or her services through his or her own limited liability company (LLC) or business trust. For business trust information, visit http://www.businesstrustcreator.com.
For additional information and help on the independent contractor issue, please phone Mr. Fry at 1-480-310-7970 or 1-480-217-7173, or email email@example.com.
Tax accountant Phillip Fry provides tax consulting services to help businesses minimize and comply with Obamacare taxes and independent contractor classification issues.---
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Phillip Fry:
- Environmental Hygienists Recommend 10 Steps for Perfect Toxic Mold Removal
- Mold Experts Recommend Regular Mold Testing of Office and Workplace Air Conditioning in Arizona, California, and Nevada
- Environmental Hygienists Launch New Website for Do It Yourself Mold Inspection, Testing, and Removal
- Environmental Hygienists Introduce Ozone Gas Treatment To Kill Mold, Germs, and Odors in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Nationwide USA
- Mold Experts Recommend Frequent Cleaning Inside Air Conditioners and Ducts to Prevent Toxic Mold Infestations
- Environmental Hygienists Explain How To Clean Up Mold Without Getting Sick
- Mold Inspectors Recommend Inspection for Construction Defects and Resulting Mold Growth
- Environmental Hygienists Association Introduces Industrial and Environmental Hygienist Training Worldwide
- Mold Inspectors Launch New Website for Mold Victims in Tucson and Southern Arizona
- Mold Inspectors Introduce New Ways For Mold Testing Inside Walls, Ceilings, and Floors