SAN ANTONIO, TX, February 15, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Augie Meyers, Ruben V, and a host of Texas artists join forces to support one of their own.
"Forever Young": Cancer Benefit
Sunday, February 17, 2013
Sam's Burger Joint
330 East Grayson
San Antonio, TX 78215
When singer/songwriter Ron Young announced his cancer diagnosis, he was overwhelmed by the support of his family, friends, and fans. Now, they're coming together, along with some of the biggest names in South Texas music, to celebrate his life and help him in his fight.
On Sunday, February 17, Sam's Burger Joint will host "Forever Young," an all-day event featuring performances by:
* Texas music legend Augie Meyers
* Local favorites Ruben V, Los #3 Dinners, and The Infidels & Patricia Vonne
* Renowned bands George Chambers and the Country Gentlemen, Tennesse Valley Authority, and Twist of Fate Band
* And special surprise guests.
The event will also feature raffle prizes and a silent auction, including gift certificates to local restaurants, music stores, and day spas, plus a treasure trove of music memorabilia; proceeds will help pay for Young's medical expenses. The day's MCs will be noted music journalist Jim Beal and award-winning singer/songwriter Claude "Butch" Morgan.
Young was diagnosed with an advanced stage of melanoma - as he puts it, "The Big C" - in late 2012, and is scheduled to begin chemotherapy soon; since then, he says, "I've been touched by all the love everyone has shown me. Family, friends, colleagues, even strangers - so many people have stepped up to help, from yard sales to this show. I really appreciate it, and I thank them all."
$10 donation (cash only)
* Ron Young was a noted music critic and columnist for the San Antonio Light, and the guiding force behind the legendary local magazine It's Only Rock'n'Roll.
* As a songwriter, Young was named a New Folk finalist in the Kerrville Folk Festival (1974), and received the Best Local Songwriting Award from the San Antonio Current (1994).
* Young's most recent CD, Under the Texas Radar, was released in 2012, and features appearances by Augie Meyers, Sergio Lara, Ruben V, members of Tennessee Valley Authority, and more.
* Young's niece, Nikki Young, is an award-winning actress, producer, and "artrepreneur" who has been featured on stages across Texas and screens around the world, including the Cannes Film Festival.
* For more information, please visit http://www.ronlyoung.com.---
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Lee Hurtado: