NEW YORK, NY, October 27, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Vogue Knitting LIVE, the ultimate knitting event, focusing on fashion, fiber and education is in a "New York State of Mind," returning to the fashion capital of the world for the third straight year on January 18-20, 2013, at a new location: the contemporary New York Marriott Marquis. Vogue Knitting LIVE brings to life Vogue Knitting, the most fashion-forward magazine in the industry, by offering inspirational hand-knitting classes, a marketplace full of new products as well as knit-couture fashion shows, exclusive special events, and more.
Knitting, a timeless craft, now has an audience of more than 800,000 in the United States, with more picking up needles and yarn every day. Fans of all ages from around the world will dress up in their woolly finery and celebrate with Vogue Knitting. Attendees at the largest gathering of knitters in New York will be treated to:
• The announcement of the Grand Prize winner of the Vogue Knitting Design Contest sponsored by Zealana. The finalist garments will walk down the runway at the Gala Dinner & Design Awards, and the Grand Prize winner will receive an all-inclusive trip to New Zealand as well as a feature in a future issue of Vogue Knitting magazine.
• More than 200 inspirational hand-knitting classes, including more than 50 new classes for every level knitter taught by some of the brightest names in the knitwear industry, including: Debbie Bliss, June Hemmons Hiatt, Nicky Epstein and more!
• Knit-couture fashion shows featuring hand-knit garments in today's latest fashions and colors that could rival any show during Fashion Week.
• A knit art gallery showcasing artists who use yarn and needles in creative ways to create awe-inspiring pieces of art.
• A marketplace stocked full of all the wool you can possibly imagine, as well as hard-to-find fibers, accessories and patterns galore.
• A brand-new location, now in the heart of Times Square at the newly renovated and luxurious New York Marriott Marquis! Attendees can step outside the hotel doors to experience the crossroads of the world, featuring world-famous dining, shopping and Broadway!
"We are excited to once again be returning to our hometown. For the past two years, New York knitters have proved themselves to be hungry for more new knitting knowledge, and this year we worked hard to include more than 50 new classes." says Vogue Knitting Editor in Chief Trisha Malcolm. "What makes this event so special is the opportunity for our fans to connect and meet not only fellow knitters, but also designers whose work they admire and the Vogue Knitting staff that bring them five fashion-filled issues each year."
Vogue Knitting LIVE offers a full range of package options, from single-day Marketplace passes to a weekend jam-packed with classes, lectures, shopping, and exclusive evening events.
For more information regarding Vogue Knitting LIVE, including images and/or interview opportunities, please contact Beth Ritter, Vogue Knitting Publicity Manager at 212-225-9006 or email@example.com.
SoHo Publishing SoHo Publishing is an established leader in the how-to magazine, book and e-publishing arena (apps, e-mags and e-books). Vogue Knitting, SoHo Publishing's flagship title, launched thirty years ago and is now published five times per year; it is the most fashion-forward name in the knitting world. A high-end crochet special edition was launched in 2012. Vogue Knitting LIVE, a consumer show, brings together thousands of knitting enthusiasts for education, inspiration, and a unique shopping experience. With both Vogue Knitting and Knit Simple magazines, SoHo Publishing appeals to the widest range of knitters in the market. Recognizing the need for an industry voice, Yarn Market News magazine was reintroduced in 2005, along with an annual business conference to accompany the publication. SoHo Publishing's expertise creates opportunities to successfully partner with some of the most recognizable names in the craft and fashion industry to produce customized magazines and books.---
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #