EDMONDS, WA, February 11, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Coinciding with "Love Season" - of which Valentine's Day is the pinnacle, when so many people are looking for healing/improvement/expansion of their love relationships - The Mysteries of Love course being launched presents a revolutionary model of human love.
Developed by Dr. George A. Parks over the past 35 years of experience counseling couples in their relationship teaching at the University of Washington, the "Mount Eros" model of understanding love honors the mythical Greek god, Eros (and does not refer to erotica).
The model reveals that love is not just a human emotion, but also a cosmic force whose energy evolves throughout our lives:
- Attachment to our parents and family begins the journey.
- Romantic Love with its intensity and passion remains the focus for many.
- However, unless we learn the lessons of self-awareness and understanding others in the Dialogue stage, romantic love fades or turns into conflict leading to unhappy relationships or breakups.
- For couples which successfully master this acceptance of, and loving for, each other, their hearts open and the Caring stage of love blossoms creating a bond that includes, yet transcends being in love.
- Finally, that heart opening expansion of love leads couples to the higher reaches of the model where Amor and Ecstatic Love reveal that, from the summit, love is a radiance including and sustaining the entire universe and is core of our own being.
Like other examples in the modern trend of education, The School For Love is a virtual establishment so students may participate from all reaches of the globe.
Subsequent courses will fill in the curriculum, including Romantic Love: The Agony & The Ecstasy and Self Love: The Foundation of Relationship. The School For Love is offering a special, promotional deal on The Mysteries of Love through Valentine's Day for inspiration.
The mission of CompassionWorks LLC is "Transforming Lives through Heart-Centered Education." The company's products and services provide models, tools and support for harm reduction and the expansion of love in two primary areas. The School For Love nurtures compassionate and authentic relationships, as enumerated above.
The Addictive Behavior Division continues Dr. Parks' decades-long work training staff at hundreds of colleges and universities to support at-risk students with alcohol and marijuana addiction. The "Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students" (BASICS) and "Cannabis Screening and Intervention for College Students" (CASICS) programs, along with Relapse Prevention Therapy (RPT) are evidence-based practices that have been shown in rigorous research to be effective in promoting safety, health and success.---
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #