NEW YORK, NY, February 22, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Tom Felton, best known for his portrayal of "Draco Malfoy" in the Harry Potter series, and Henry Winkler, who first became a pop culture icon as "The Fonz" in the classic TV series "Happy Days," have been added to the standout celebrity roster at the inaugural 2013 Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con, March 22-24 at America's Center. The two join previously announced guests Stan Lee, Laurie Holden, Billy Dee Williams, WWE Superstar Randy Orton , James Marsters and Dean Cain among the headliners.
Felton, who began filming commercials at age eight and auditioned for the Malfoy role at age 12, appeared as the increasingly prominent villainous character in all eight films based on J.K. Rowlings' blockbuster fantasy series, from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in 2001 through Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 in 2011. He also appeared as "Dodge Landon" in Rise of the Planet of the Apes in 2011.
After taking the entertainment world by storm in his breakout role as "Fonzie" in the popular sitcom "Happy Days" (1974-84), Winkler established himself as an award-winning producer and director, mixing in a few well-placed acting roles like Scream, Waterboy and last year's Here Comes the Boom along the way. After achieving success as "Fonzie," originally written as a minor character but which soon earned him billing alongside other series stars Ron Howard and Tom Bosley, Winkler quickly transitioned to produce the successful television series "MacGyver" and direct the film Memories of Me, among dozens of off-screen credits over the past four decades.
Felton will appear at Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con on Saturday, March 23, and Sunday, March 24, while Winkler is scheduled to attend all three days.
Wizard World Comic Con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more. Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con show hours are Friday, March 22, 3-8 p.m.; Saturday, March 23, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.; and Sunday, March 24, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
For more on the 2013 Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/home-stlouis.html.
Wizard World produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate graphic novels, comic books, movies, TV shows, gaming, technology, toys and social networking. The events often feature celebrities from movies and TV, artists and writers, and events such as premieres, gaming tournaments, panels, and costume contests.---
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Jerry Milani:
- Gina Torres of 'Serenity,' 'Firefly' Added To Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, June 1-2
- Neal Adams, Rick Burchett, Cullen Bunn, Jorge Molina Among Top Creators To Appear At Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con, March 22-24
- Claremont, Simone, Pacheco Among Top Comics Creators Attending Wizard World Portland Comic Con
- 'The Walking Dead,' Stan Lee Q&A, 'MTV's The Real World: Portland,' Henry Winkler Panels Highlight Programming At Wizard World Portland Comic Con
- Jon Bernthal Makes It A 'Walking Dead' Trio At 2012 Wizard World Austin Comic Con
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' 25-Year Reunion Set for Wizard World New Orleans As Main Cast Members Join Patrick Stewart, Nov. 30 - Dec. 2
- Cincinnati's William Grapes Wins Wizard World Ohio Comic Con Amateur Art Contest
- Michael Rooker of 'The Walking Dead,' 'Henry,' 'Cliffhanger' Joins 2012 Wizard World Austin Comic Con Lineup, Oct. 26-28
- Sir Patrick Stewart, John De Lancie Added To Wizard World Ohio Comic Con Celebrity Guest List
- Wizard World To Debut Oregon Comic Con, February 22-24, 2013, In Portland