MONMOUTH BEACH, NJ, January 11, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- The thermometer may read in the single digits in the Garden State this week, but for those preparing for the Novo Nordisk New Jersey Marathon, training never stops and April 27 is just 16 weeks away. With that in mind, race officials have expanded the popular "Hot Chocolate Training Run" series to three locations in N.J., this weekend and then monthly until race day.---
Athletes who are thinking about registering, or who have already signed up for the marathon, Long Branch Half Marathon and Half Marathon Relay can choose from runs in Cherry Hill, Morristown and Long Branch. Each are free, set up by running professionals and provide hot chocolate and refreshments at the conclusion.
Information on the training runs at each venue is as follows (distances will start at 5 miles and will progress to 10, 15 and 20 mile options as we get closer to race day):
- Cherry Hill: Road Runner Sports, 921 Haddonfield Rd. (Saturday, Jan. 11; Feb. 8; March 8; Sunday, April 6), each begins at 9 a.m. There will be water and Gatorade available along the courses. April 6 is the Annual Last Long Training run. Tel: (856) 254-0060
- Morristown: Morristown Running Company, 31 South St. (Sunday, Jan. 12; Feb. 9; March 9; April 6), each begins at 8 a.m., except the April 6 Annual Last Training Run (7 a.m. 20 miler, 8:30 a.m. 10 miler). These free long training runs are also presented by Superhero Events. Tel: (973) 401-1300
- Long Branch: Sneaker Factory/Pier Village, 40 Centennial Dr. (Sunday, Jan. 12; Feb. 9; March 9; April 6), each begins at 8 a.m., except the April 6 Annual Last Training Run (7 a.m. 20 miler, 8:30 a.m. 10 miler). Tel: (732) 222-7849
To RSVP or for more information on any of the events and the Novo Nordisk New Jersey Marathon, visit the event's Facebook events page at https://www.facebook.com/NJMarathon/events.
The popular Novo Nordisk New Jersey Marathon, Long Branch Half Marathon and Half Marathon Relay each starts at historic Monmouth Park in Oceanport and ends on the Long Branch oceanfront promenade. The marathon route traverses the following Shore communities: Oceanport, Monmouth Beach, Deal, Allenhurst, Lock Arbour, Asbury Park, Ocean Grove and Long Branch.
The weekend of April 25-27 is a celebration of exercise, health, fitness and wellness. It includes the Novo Nordisk New Jersey Marathon, Long Branch Half Marathon and Relay on Sunday, April 27; new ShapingNJ 5K and Barnabas Health Family Festival and Kids Races on Saturday, April 26; The New Jersey Marathon Health and Fitness Expo on Friday and Saturday, April 25-26. Additionally, it offers world-class courses designed for speed, great area restaurants and attractions, and amazing oceanfront scenery.
Registration for all events, course views (when finalized), information about volunteering and sponsorships and details of the entire weekend of activities are available at the race Web site at http://www.NJMarathon.org and on the event Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/NJMarathon. Runners and fans are encouraged to follow the Novo Nordisk New Jersey Marathon on Twitter @NJMarathon.
Athletes of all levels: runners, walkers and athletes with disabilities are all invited to participate. The Novo Nordisk New Jersey Marathon also conducts a series of training runs and related events to help participants of all levels to prepare for their race as well as training and racing advice on its blog at: njmarathon.wordpress.com.
About Novo Nordisk
Headquartered in Denmark, Novo Nordisk is a global health care company with 90 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care. The company also has leading positions within hemophilia care, growth hormone therapy and hormone therapy. For more information, visit novonordisk-us.com or follow US activities on Twitter at @novonordiskus.
About US Road Sports & Entertainment Group
US Road Sports & Entertainment Group is a health and wellness company dedicated to the production of world-class endurance events. The mission of US Road Sports is to offer an unparalleled participant sports experience that showcases host communities and endures as a deeply valued local asset through events that are a part of the city's culture, identity and brand. For each participant, US Road Sports strives to offer events that allow participants of all skill levels the opportunity to improve their physical and mental health and accomplish life-altering goals while having fun. US Road Sports provides sponsors and municipalities highly effective exposure to help maximize their presence and message in the community.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Jerry Milani:
- 18th Annual Novo Nordisk New Jersey Marathon Headlines Full Weekend Of Events On The Jersey Shore April 27
- California Company Brings Warmth to the Hearts of Hundreds of New York Families with Large Toy Donation to Empire City Casino's 7th Annual Toy & Coat Drive
- Feast Of The Seven Fishes A La Carte Menu At Grand Central Oyster Bar Christmas Eve All Day Tuesday, December 24
- Grand Central Oyster Bar Brooklyn To Open In Park Slope On Wednesday, December 18, 2013, Adding Another Piece Of History To Borough Of Kings
- Stags Host Fresh Air Fund Day at Fairfield-Iona Basketball Game Sunday at Webster Bank Arena
- Fairfield Stags Face N.C.A.A. Champion Louisville Cardinals On Saturday, November 23, At Mohegan Sun Arena In Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall Of Fame Tip Off
- Novo Nordisk Announced As Title Sponsor Of The New Jersey Marathon
- 'Oyster Bar Classics' Celebrates New Cookbook With Six Course Dinner And Wine Pairings On Wednesday Night, November 13, At Grand Central Oyster Bar; Each Course Perfectly Paired By Southern Wine
- Fairfield University To Honor Dick Hoops Weiss And Jim O'Connell With Inaugural Stags Lifetime Achievement Award: Leader Of The Herd For Long & Meritorious Service To College Basketball
- Men and Women Red Ruggers Remember Five Decades of Fairfield University Rugby 50th Anniversary Celebration of Fairfield University Rugby Saturday, October 5, 2013 at Lt. Hans Grauert Memorial Field