BELLEVUE, WA, March 21, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Some events are so boring they leave attendees fighting off pins and needles. The leading US knitting event, Vogue Knitting LIVE!, makes its debut in the Seattle area April 5 through 7 and proves that knitters can be a wild and wooly bunch. More than 3,000 Seattle-area handcrafters are expected to fill the Meydenbauer Convention Center and Hyatt Regency Bellevue to take classes (from beginner to advanced), view fashion shows, shop for unique new fibers, view one-of-a-kind knitted art, and network with other crafters.
To help Seattle get into the spirit, the organizers will:
• Commandeer the "knit-bombing" of the Hyatt Regency Bellevue, which will be festooned with fiber artist Suzanne Tidwell's knit lanterns.
• Give 100 lucky coffee drinkers the craftiest caffeine, courtesy "Cozy-Up Seattle!" The first 100 customers at Cafe Cesura, starting at 8 a.m. on March 28, will score a unique handmade coffee cozy to accompany their cup. Any visitor to the cafe can warm up with delicious discount coupons.
Over the weekend, attendees will be see and experience:
• The first-ever knitted zombie crawl. Ten knitted miniature "undead," crafted by Anna Hrachovec, will be hidden around the convention center on April 7. Successful "zombie hunters" who find a creature can redeem it for a copy of Hrachovec's new book, Super-Scary Mochimochi.
• Dazzling knitted glass, as artist Carol Milne showcases her unique and colorful craft.
• The Marketplace, aka knitter's heaven, features more than 60 vendors, knit-couture fashion shows, raffles and giveaways, free demos, yarn tastings, celebrity book signings, knit and crochet lessons, and much more!
• A speed knitting contest, sponsored by Skacel Collection, Inc. and addi Turbo, where attendees have the opportunity to compete for prizes and attempt to beat the record set in 2006.
• The Relax and Unwind Lounge, the perfect place to take a break and enjoy massages, manicures, and yoga stretching/relaxation techniques. (Knitting and meditation are said to have similar effects on the human body.) Sponsored by Alive and Shine Center and Truce Spa, the Lounge will be a soothing break from the buzzing festival.
• The garments you create at Vogue Knitting LIVE can give warmth and comfort to children in need around the globe, as the event is partnering with World Vision's Knit for Kids. Nearly one million kids living in poverty have received items hand-knit through Knit for Kids, and Vogue Knitting LIVE is aiming to make that number rise.
A limited number of press passes are available. For complete schedule visit the Vogue Knitting LIVE website at http://www.vogueknittinglive.com.
SoHo Publishing is an established leader in the craft magazine and book publishing arena. SoHo creates and publishes the most widely known and respected magazine titles in the knitting, crochet and handicraft industry. Our expertise also allows us to successfully partner with some of the most recognizable names in the craft and fashion industry to produce customized magazines and books. Originally created as a divi- sion of the Butterick Pattern Company, SoHo has been an independent, full-service publishing company since 2001. Vogue Knitting is SoHo Publishing's flagship title. Launched more than twenty-five years ago, VK has set the bar for knitting, working with the biggest and most talented names in fashion today, includ- ing Michael Kors and Anna Sui. Led by Editor Trisha Malcolm, VK is published five times a year. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.---
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Beth Ritter: