ATLANTA, GA, October 31, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/
-- If you are involved in a car accident, there are steps you will need to take to protect your physical and financial wellbeing. However, what to do in if an accident
is no always known and as a result, thousands of people accept paltry insurance offers every year.
Educating yourself on the proper steps to take after an auto accident is the best way to ensure you are treated fairly and provided the maximum compensation you are due.
Steps to Take on the Scene of an Auto Accident
If at all possible while on the scene of an accident:
- Call 911 - cooperate with emergency personnel and file a police report, but do not admit fault
- Get contact info from all involved drivers - names, phone numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance information should all be collected
- Take pictures - using a cell phone or camera, make a photo document of the scene from multiple angles. Include pertinent background images such as traffic signals and signs along with traffic conditions
- Get contact info from witnesses - get the names and phone numbers of anyone who witnessed the accident
- Call your insurance company - your insurance company may want to send an adjustor to the scene. As with emergency personnel, do not admit fault to your insurance provider
Following an Accident
Immediately following a car accident you should contact your doctor. There are injuries that can occur in car accidents that may go undiagnosed at the scene. Your doctor will need to conduct a thorough medical examination to better assess the injuries caused by your accident.
As soon as possible, contact a car accident lawyer. Both your insurance company and those of other involved drivers will be working to make quick settlements that minimize your compensation. Only with the help of a lawyer can you be sure you are awarded every penny you deserve.
If you need a car accident lawyer in or around Atlanta, Georgia, please visit the website of Robbins & Associates, PC
for more information at www.robbinslaw.com
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Sara Goldstein: