LONDON, ENGLAND, January 11, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Workshare, a leading provider of secure enterprise collaboration and communications applications, enters 2013 following a successful year of innovation and corporate development. Product advancement and market traction places Workshare in a strong position to continue improving the way enterprises collaborate and share information.
Significant 2012 achievements include:
• Funding: Workshare raised $32M in funding from Business Growth fund and Scottish Equity partners.
• Corporate Development: Workshare joined forces with SkyDox, a leading provider of cloud-enabled file sharing, synchronization and collaboration tools, and acquired IdeaPlane, an enterprise social network built specifically for highly-regulated industries.
• Product evolution: Workshare integrated its best-of-breed, policy-based document comparison and metadata removal application with SkyDox's scalable, highly-secure, cloud-enabled file sharing and collaboration platform. The first fully-integrated product will GA at the end of January 2013, just four months after the companies combined.
• New executive hires: Workshare added Michael Ollitervo-Murphy as Chief Customer Officer (CCO) to build on its commitment to customer service and enhancing the customer experience.
• Notable industry award recognition: Workshare won or was selected as a finalist for numerous sector awards. The company won iCMG's Special Recognition Award for its works with the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR), and was named a semi-finalist in Constellation Research's 2012 second annual SuperNova Awards. Additionally, Workshare was selected as the winner in The Recorder's Best Legal Service Providers Annual List and the Golden Bridge Awards' Collaboration and Web 2.0 Tools category for its secure, enterprise-grade cloud platform.
Further validating the company's innovations, Workshare has most recently been named a finalist for the Best Legal Information Solution category in the 2013 SIIA CODiE Awards. This prestigious award remains the only peer-recognized awards program in the content, education, and software industries, marking Workshare's achievements of product innovation, vision, and overall industry impact.
"We will continue our focus on innovation, making significant additions to our product portfolio for desktop, mobile, and web-based collaboration in 2013," said Anthony Foy, CEO of Workshare. "Joining forces with SkyDox and acquiring IdeaPlane was driven by customer demand for a single collaboration and communication platform that is easy to use and secure. We're excited to start 2013 with real traction and look forward to launching a series of powerful productivity-enhancing features and applications."
Over 18,000 organizations rely on Workshare, including 98% of AmLaw 200 law firms and 62% of Fortune 1000 legal departments.
• Connect with Workshare on its blog, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Workshare is a leading provider of secure enterprise collaboration applications. The Workshare platform allows individuals to easily create, share and manage high-value content anywhere, on any device. Workshare enhances the efficiency of the collaborative process by enabling content owners to accurately track and compare changes from contributors simultaneously. The integrated Workshare platform also reduces the commercial risk posed by inadvertently sharing confidential or sensitive documents. More than 1.8 million professionals in 70 countries use Workshare's award-winning desktop, mobile, tablet, and web applications. For more information visit http://www.workshare.com or follow Workshare on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/workshare.---
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #