- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
EUGENE, OR, June 22, 2010 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Mountain Rose Herbs, the leader in providing certified organic herbs, spices, and teas has won the 2010 Oregon Ethics in Business Award. The award ceremony took place on June 9, 2010 in Portland where Shawn Donnille and Julie Bailey were present to receive the award and thank the Oregon Ethics Committee for their recognition.
"We couldn't be more thrilled to win the Oregon Ethics in Business Award," says Shawn Donnille, Vice President. "It represents the culmination of hard work and dedication from the entire team at Mountain Rose Herbs, and it proves that a business model which places an emphasis on people and the planet, rather than profit, actually works."
The Oregon Ethics in Business Award honors organizations that lead by example through community dedication, workplace practices, environmental commitment, and product integrity. Mountain Rose Herbs is one of the nationwide leaders in both the bulk and medicinal herb industries, driven by the core values of environmental sustainability, transparency, friendly customer service, employee satisfaction, and community involvement.
These foundational principles have led Mountain Rose Herbs to offer employees paid time to volunteer with various outreach projects in their community and give annual monetary contributions to 14 different environmental organizations. Mountain Rose Herbs also takes great steps to promote innovation and creativity in ecological stewardship by constantly challenging the notion of what it means to be an eco-friendly business.
Some notable reasons why the committee chose Mountain Rose Herbs as a pioneer in business ethics include:
- Operating a zero-waste facility that recycles, re-uses, composts, and reclaims materials back into the production cycle.
- Maintaining a Chemical Free Facility with no commercial cleaning agents, pest repellents, fumigants, or other synthetic agents that are harmful to the watershed system.
- Creating an Employee Carpool Program that pays substantial cash incentives to all employees who either carpool or bicycle to work.
- Supporting environmental nonprofit organizations through annual donations, staffing volunteers, sponsorships, and promotions.
- Developing the Mountain Rose Herbs Good Trade Program which enhances protective measures for growers and harvesters.
- Displaying an unwavering commitment to supporting organic agriculture.
To learn more about the Oregon Ethics in Business Awards, please visit www.oregonethicsinbusiness.org.
View a video showcasing Mountain Rose Herbs' reaction to receiving the award.
About Mountain Rose Herbs
Since 1987, Mountain Rose Herbs, based in Eugene, Oregon, has been known for its uncompromising commitment to organic agriculture, sustainable business practices, and steadfast focus on the pure aesthetics and freshness of botanical products. Their wide range of product offerings include bulk herbs and spices, aromatherapy and essential oils, tea and tea supplies, and natural health and body care. Every aspect of product creation is carried out in accordance to strict quality control and organic handling procedures by employees who care. From their fragrant and beyond-fresh organic herbs and spices, to soothing essential oils and delicious herbal teas, the quality and integrity of Mountain Rose Herbs is unparalleled--with smiles guaranteed. To learn more about Mountain Rose Herbs, please visit www.mountainroseherbs.com.
# # #