WILMINGTON, NC, October 23, 2017 /24-7PressRelease/ -- '50 Great Writers You Should Be Reading' awards contest is now accepting votes from the public. While most awards programs hand out awards for books, it is the ARTIST behind the book who should be the focus of the award. Most authors overcome tremendous challenges and work very hard to bring their work to market. The '50 Great Writers You Should Be Reading' awards contest looks for the 'story behind the story'.
An award given for a single book impacts one book only. An award given to an author impacts all the works of that author, past, present and future. As in the world of film, some awards are for best movies, others are for best actors or actresses. Using this analogy '50 Great Writers' bestows awards upon the writer (actor/actress).
In that the contest is about the author, participants can submit an essay about their writing journey/career, their expectations as authors, a summary of their body of work and basic information about their books. Those who wish to do so may instead submit an excerpt from the book. The public at large is then invited to read these essays and decide whom to vote for.
Authors must build long-term platforms to create ongoing sales and achieve success. People buy books because of the personality BEHIND the work. A great book has very little long-term market value if the author remains relatively anonymous. It is for these reasons '50 Great Writers' focuses sharply on the real story and the personality behind the book.
Award contests must be viewed as being a marketing tool that should be an integral part of the marketing strategies designed by all authors. It takes time to win awards, and the more awards authors win the more recognition for their work they stand to receive.
Voting is currently open for the 2017 contest. Winners will appear in the 2018 edition of '50 Great Writers You Should Be Reading'. Participants include, but are not limited to:
Ambika Devi, USA
Amy S. Kwei, USA
Andrea Foy, USA
Ankit Shukla, USA
Bernard J. Fleury, USA
Bozena Zawisz, USA
Brian Aull, USA
C. L. Hunter, USA
Charlotte Canion, USA
Cheryl Meyer, USA
Christina M. Pages, USA
Cindy C Murray, USA
Craig Stellpflug, USA
Cristina Carballo-Perelman, M.D., USA
D. L. Rogers, USA
Danielle Pajak, USA
Danny Berardinelli, USA
Darlien C. Breeze, USA
Donna Louis, USA
Doug Carnine, USA
Dr. Nicole Audet, Canada
Elizabeth Ferry-Perata, USA
Franny Armstrong, Canada
Guy R Phillips, USA
Janet K. Shawgo, USA
Jeryn Alise Turner, USA
Jill Brennan, USA
Jody Sharpe, USA
Joseph Ganci, USA
Julie D Penshorn, USA
Kass Ghayouri, Canada
Katrina Shawver, USA
Leila Lynne Leidtke, USA
Manoj Shrivastava, India
Marge Dawson, South Africa
Marie Joy, USA
Mark D Walker, USA
M.L. Ruscsak, USA
Rena Winters, USA
Richard Trayler, USA
Robert Joe Stout, Mexico
Robin Christensen, USA
Ronald L. Herron, USA
Ruth Finnegan, UK
S. H. Montgomery, USA
S.W. Frontz, USA
Salvatore Esposito, USA
Shankar Kashyap, United Kingdom
Shinese M. Collins, USA
Vicki-Ann Bush, USA
Violetta Armour, USA
Wayne Clark, Canada
William L Ingram, USA
'50 Great Writers You Should Be Reading' is an annual publication written and produced by The Authors Show - "The Authors Marketing Powerhouse" - and is marketed through their substantial publicity outreach channels. Winners are presented in the annual publication, available to the public, with the author's photo, website address, book title(s), and the author's unique story. Winners may also state they have been featured in "50 Great Writers You Should Be Reading" in any of their own marketing materials. This produces instant credibility, a third party endorsement and a lot of marketing value. Winners receive ongoing recognition and can use their winner status as marketing and publicity tools in hundreds of ways to increase sales. Winners are also featured on a dedicated 50GreatWritersYouShouldBeReading.com website.
The Grand Prize winner receives a marketing and publicity package worth several thousand dollars.
The public can cast their vote for the best 'story behind the story' or book excerpt by visiting 'The Authors Show' website. All entries can be reviewed by visiting The Authors Show site, where votes may be cast. More information is available at The Authors Show site. Questions about the contest should be submitted to Danielle Hampson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Authors Show is a professional book marketing audio and video program that offers participants three major benefits:
1. The production of a professionally edited audio and/or video tool showcasing the participating author and his/her book(s),
2. Each participating author is included in their substantial weekly social media outreach
3. The show shares with participants their own pool of readers by broadcasting their interview on the network, putting books work in front of thousands of potential book buyers authors would otherwise not reach.
# # #Read more Press Releases from Danielle Hampson:
- Book Marketing Announcements: The Authors Show Lineup For The Week Of November 13, 2017
- Book Marketing Announcements: The Authors Show Lineup For The Week Of November 6, 2017
- Book Marketing Announcements: The Authors Show Lineup For The Week Of October 30, 2017
- Book Marketing Announcements: The Authors Show Lineup For The Week Of October 23, 2017
- The Authors Show Launches US And Global Children, Teen, Adult Literacy Project, 'Give A Book, Get A Smile'
- Book Marketing Announcements: The Authors Show Lineup For The Week Of October 16, 2017
- Book Marketing Announcements: The Authors Show Lineup For The Week Of October 9, 2017
- Book Marketing Announcements: The Authors Show Lineup For The Week Of October 2, 2017
- Book Marketing Announcements: The Authors Show Lineup For The Week Of September 25, 2017
- Book Marketing Announcements: The Authors Show Lineup For The Week Of September 18, 2017