- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
PEMBROKE PINES, FL, December 13, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/ -- May be you've lost your bags or you know of someone who lost their luggage when traveling by air. The story is not so uncommon when close to 25.8 million bags were lost, damaged, delayed or pilfered last year.
There is nothing like that sinking feeling and panic that sets in when you don't see your checked bag on the carousel after your plane has landed. Lost luggage can spoil vacation plans, fun getaways or business trips. Imagine losing not only your belongings but gifts you've purchased for friends and family.
While most bags are returned within 48 hours by airlines, some bags will end up in the Unclaimed Baggage Center in Alabama. Fortunately there are ways you can minimize losing your luggage during the busy holiday season.
1. Label your luggage on the outside and the inside. Be discreet. Write only your name, phone number and preferably a company address. Place your itinerary inside your bag. Clear the bag of old tags and stickers.
2. Use TSA approved locks and embellish your bag. Use bright and colorful BAGPATCH woven peel and stick labels to distinguish your bag from a sea of lookalikes and keep strangers from walking out with your bags by mistake.
3. Take a photo of your bag and belongings with your cell phone for show-and-tell in case your bag is lost. The burden of proof falls on the traveler.
4. When you check in, make sure the agent attaches tags with the correct destination code to every bag and gives you the claim ticket for each bag.
5. Try to stick with one carrier. Check in early and do not book tight connections. Late check-in and tight connections are the leading causes of lost or delayed luggage.
6. Stick with standard luggage size, weight and shapes. Large or bulky bags are rerouted for manual sorting, which increases the chance of mishandled bags.
7. When you arrive at your destination, get as fast as possible to the carousel or where your baggage will be unloaded. You'll be able to spot your bag a mile away with BAGPATCH fun labels.
These helpful tips are shared by Exim Multiproducts, creators of BAGPATCH -- the colorful, durable, peel and stick fabric labels to ID soft side luggage. BAGPATCH woven labels, available on Amazon, come in a wide variety of vibrant colors and fun sayings to allow travelers identify their bag easily and quickly.
BAGPATCH self-adhesive luggage labels are being marketed to retail businesses and as corporate giveaways. This unique travel accessory is available to reseller, distributors and as private-label products. Advertising specialty firms are also being invited be part of this new business opportunity.
Exim Multiproducts, Inc. was founded in South Florida in 1984 as an export-import business. During one of her many international business trips, co-owner Brenda Noah-Navarro, was inspired to create BAGPATCH to help travelers identify their luggage quickly from a crowd of lookalikes. For more information on BAGPATCH, please visit http://www.bagpatch.com or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #