ATLANTA, GA, April 22, 2016 /24-7PressRelease/
-- IronE chose to go with heart over hype in choosing relatively unknown producers in Slice Money and DeMarcus Hill whose visions aligned perfectly with the heart that went into IronE's penning and vision of his album. "Hip-Hopcrisy means saying one thing and doing another. It means living a life contrary to our existence and not living the way God has ordained for us and that means living a life of truth & love. When we identify the Hip-Hopcrisy in our own lives, we can more readily seize opportunity, be selfless and more compassionate towards one another."
In "Hip-Hopcrisy" Singleton also reflects on society at large and the ills that we face. His ambition is to encourage, inspire and motivate us all towards positive change for the betterment of humanity. No stranger to the streets, IronE's struggle to survive a poverty stricken childhood during his time in one of Atlanta's roughest housing projects did not leave him unscathed. His survival and success were not by chance but by submission, sacrifice and choice. He opens his soul to share his story through the lens of Hip-Hop in this profound and provocative album.
Actor IronE Singleton had the following to say about his debut album:
"Each track is my artistic expression of a significant step taken towards spiritual fulfillment. Each song can have a personal resonance with someone. The album is designed to trigger a positive state of mind."
Let's break down the tracks in the exact words of IronE
1. Jelly On Pam is a jazzy/rock/rap party song and an homage to women; more particularly our "Curvy Women" who do not get the same positive attention in American society as their thinner counterparts.
2. We Are The Walking Dead is a rock/rap song which examines humanity through the personified point of view of zombies. This song was inspired by IronE's character T-Dog on the Golden Globe/AFI/Emmy Nominated and most popular television show in basic cable history; The Walking Dead.
3. War Goin' On is an inspirational street anthem/ comparison and contrast of behavior and treatment between the hierarchal system of class/race/politics.
4. Criminal Crinimal is an inspirational indictment of a capitalistic society driven on accumulating wealth by any means necessary.
5. The Blind Side is inspirational and an homage to the city of Atlanta. The song reflects IronE's journey through his hometown of Atlanta as he strives towards and achieves eventual success and stardom in the Oscar nominated movie, The Blind Side.
6. Smooches, Smooches is a love song which pays tribute to IronE's wife who stuck with him through thick and thin; from high school through present day.
7. Contrary Mary is an eclectic party mix that delves into the inner turmoil of a woman as she searches for love in all the wrong places.
8. IronE The Resurrected is a semi-biopic of IronE and could be considered the most personal and revealing track on the album.
9. Measure of A Man is a critique of the male/female relationship and a man's journey to rectify his conditioned behavior and reconcile his relationship with his woman.
10.Lil Buddy, Babe is the ultimate dance/sports/street anthem that pays tribute to the American southern bass tradition. Reecio, chips in with a verse to add a more diverse appeal to this record.
"Hip-Hopcrisy", the album is a voice for those struggling to overcome their circumstances, those searching their souls for an alternative to a life entrenched in drugs, violence or sexual promiscuity and for those looking for a refreshingly creative, alternative lyrical flow. It is a voice for the ages. A voice for the people. A voice of truth. A voice of love.
Hip-Hopcrisy releases on May 3rd, 2016 but those with an eager appetite to preview IronE's album prior to the release date may pre-order now on iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/album/id1094977553?ls=1&app=itunes
About IronE Singleton
IronE Singleton is best known to audiences as the menacing kingpin Alton in the Academy Oscar Award-nominated film THE BLIND SIDE; the biggest box office grossing sports movie of all time. He is also known as the compassionate tough guy, T-Dog, in the Emmy, AFI & WGA Award winning, Golden Globe nominated tv show THE WALKING DEAD; one of basic cable's highest rated shows for viewership. IronE's unusual name depicts his life story, and his ability to play strong, multidimensional characters and has made him a memorable actor in both film and television.
For all interviews, please contact Goldman McCormick PR Ryan McCormick at 516-901-1103 / 919-377-1200