- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
NORCROSS, GA, January 09, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- As we approach the holiday season, OrthoAtlanta reminds Atlanta residents to exercise caution and common sense while hanging decorations outdoors. According to reports from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), holiday related injuries, such as falls from ladders, have increased in recent years.
A survey of orthopedic surgeons indicates that falls from ladders can be some of the most devastating accidents that they treat, resulting in a variety of muscular, orthopedic, and neurological injuries. Depending on the severity of injuries sustained, some people must seek further treatment by orthopedic doctors in Atlanta after their initial trip to the emergency room.
"Every Christmas season, Atlanta orthopedic specialists see a spike in injuries ranging from ankle sprains to more severe broken bones and musculoskeletal damage incurred while decorating outdoors," says Kitchi Joyce, Director of Administrative Services at OrthoAtlanta.
The Atlanta orthopedic doctors at OrthoAtlanta urge homeowners to follow some simple rules to avoid serious injury this holiday season:
- Always use a stable A-Frame extension ladder, and have an assistant on the ground for stabilization.
- Thoroughly inspect your ladder for cracks, rust, or any other damage before using it.
- Maintain 3 points of contact with the ladder at all times, and do not extend your reach beyond a foot in any direction.
- Always position the ladder on firm, solid ground.
- Check all lights to ensure they are safe to use and operating properly before you attempt hanging them.
- Only use lights that are certified for outdoor use, and have been safety tested by a nationally recognized organization, such as UL.
Adhering to these basic guidelines will prevent many of the most commonly reported accidents related to outdoor decorating. The Atlanta orthopedic specialists at OrthoAtlanta wish you and your family a safe and happy holiday season! To learn more, please visit http://www.orthoatlanta.com.
About Ortho Atlanta:
Ortho Atlanta is a full service Atlanta orthopaedic practice helping patients to recover from injury or illness. With multiple locations around the Atlanta area, Ortho Atlanta offers comprehensive orthopaedic care, including cartilage restoration, pediatrics, shoulder, knee, hand, foot and ankle, spine, sports medicine, trauma and total joint care. With years of research, training and experience, the medical staff at Ortho Atlanta is dedicated to helping patients perform - and live life - at their best.
For more information, please visit http://www.orthoatlanta.com.
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Lead Content Developer
Cardinal Web Solutions
# # #