Yellow Ribbon Tree Experts
NORCROSS, GA, November 20, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/
-- As we make the transition into autumn, Atlanta tree service
Yellow Ribbon Tree Experts discusses the process in when leaves change color in the fall.
Autumn leaf change actually begins to take place in the veins, which will turn before you can see the transformation in the rest of the leaf. When the late days of summer begin to shorten and the air gets cooler, these veins start to slowly constrict, so that less and less fluid can travel in and out of the leaf. As this is going on, a thin layer of cells known as cork cells starts to build up at the base of the leaf. This cork layer keeps any new fluids or minerals from getting in. It is as this point that the chlorophylls, that which makes the leaves green, begin to break down and diminish.
Once the green pigmentation begins to fade, some leaves will begin to turn brilliant orange and yellow colors. When this occurs, it is caused by pigmentations calls carotenoids. Carotenoids are present even in the summer, but they are masked by chlorophylls as long as they are around. Those leaves that turn bright reds and purples do so because of anthocyanin. This is a group of pigmentations that the sap cells in a tree produce, using the breakdown of sugars, amongst other processes.
"There are a few competing theories out there about why leave change color in the fall, many of which are really amazing, if true," explains Gary Robertson, owner of Yellow Ribbon Tree Experts. "One is that the bright colors ward of insects who might be seeking out a warm winter home. Another is that the pigments serve as a line of defense against the effects of the light in cold temperatures."
If you love your trees and all their beautiful autumn magic, have an Atlanta arborist from Yellow Ribbon Tree Experts come out to your property to do an inspection and make sure that everything is ready to go for winter. They can trim precariously placed limbs that may be putting your home in danger, and remove trees that are dead, dying, or sick to prevent the harm of the rest of your trees.
To learn more about Atlanta tree removal
and other services from Yellow Ribbon Tree Experts, please visit http://www.yellowribbontree.com
About Yellow Ribbon Tree Experts:
Yellow Ribbon Tree Experts specializes in Atlanta tree removal and uses only the best arboricultural practices. Yellow Ribbon Tree Experts is licensed and insured, and a member of the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and the Tree Care Industry Association.
For more information, visit: http://www.yellowribbontree.com
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Lead Content Developer
Cardinal Web Solutions
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Anne DeVito:
- Samson Trailways Discusses Reasons to Hire an Atlanta Bus Charter for Your Group Outings This Season
- Atlanta Bus Charter Company, Samson Trailways, Shares How to Go Green with Mass Transit
- Atlanta Auto Accident Attorneys, McAleer Law, Discuss Risks in Winter Driving and How They Can Help
- Georgia Injury Accident Lawyer, McAleer Law, Reminds Customers of Satellite Office in Mobile, Ala.
- Professional Kitchen Supplies Company, Kitchen Inspire, Recommend Cool Tools for Holiday Cooking
- Commercial Kitchen Supplies Company, Kitchen Inspire, Can Help Stock Your Restaurant for the Holiday Crowds
- Atlanta Staffing Agency TRC Staffing Services, Inc., Discusses Top Interview Mistakes to Avoid
- Atlanta Staffing Agency TRC Staffing Services, Inc., Announces Its New VP of Business Development, Michael Walden
- Atlanta Staffing Agency TRC Staffing Services, Inc., Offers Tips on How to Make a Seasonal Job a Lasting Position
- Atlanta Staffing Agency TRC Staffing Services, Inc., Encourages Seeking Employment Now for After Seasonal Employment Ends