- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
Carson re-affirmed that he will run if people continue to "clamor" for him to do so...
WASHINGTON, DC, January 17, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- John Philip Sousa IV, National Chairman of the National Draft Ben Carson for President Committee announced today that "electronic billboard advertisements have launched in Des Moines, Iowa and in the greater Baltimore area, where Dr. Ben Carson lives and works. These electronic billboards display 58,056 ads each week in Iowa and 74,312 in Baltimore. Although the Baltimore billboards are currently down, thanks to generous support of Americans across the nation, they will display again next week."
The purpose of the billboards in Iowa is to encourage those attending January 21 mid-term caucuses to join the more than 200,000 Americans who have signed the petition urging Dr. Carson to run for President in 2016.
The billboards carry several messages including: "To Heal Our Country," "Sick of Politics as Usual," "Get America out of the ICU," and "America Needs Strong Medicine, along with the tagline "Dr. Ben Carson for President 2016."
Dr. Carson has been asked numerous times if he will be a candidate for President in 2016. On each occasion, he has said that he is "not ruling it out." On December 27, Ben Carson was interviewed by Bob Just who was serving as a guest host on the Sean Hannity Radio Show. When Mr. Just asked Dr. Carson if he was going to run for President, Carson responded...
"If the circumstances were to evolve in such a way that that [running for President] seemed to be what God was calling me to do, I would certainly do it. And, I would never turn my back on my fellow citizens, if there was a hue and cry for such."
Again, on January 7, 2014, in an interview by Newsmax reporter Bill Hoffman, Dr. Carson re-affirmed that he will run if people continue to "clamor" for him to do so and if he feels that God is calling him to run for President.
Although Dr. Carson has been viciously attacked by the left for expressing views that are contrary to those acceptable by the liberal establishment, he has not been intimidated. In fact, he continues a busy schedule of speaking at public gatherings from coast-to-coast, similar to what potential candidates for President have done prior to announcing their candidacy. He has recently announced that his weekly column, appearing in The Washington Times, will now be carried by more than 200 newspapers across the United States.
The National Draft Ben Carson for President Committee believes there are five reasons why Dr. Ben Carson is the right choice as the Republican nominee for President in 2016...
1. Sure Winner. Dr. Ben Carson is a sure winner because his appeal cuts across all ethnic, racial, geographic, age, sex and economic lines. He is a national hero who is respected by all Americans.
2. Great Communicator. Like Ronald Reagan, Dr. Carson is blessed with the unique, God-given ability to explain complex issues in simple, logical terms that everyone can understand.
3. Healer. Dr. Carson has been a healer his entire adult life. Instead of dividing Americans into groups as the current President strives to do, President Carson will unite us as one people who share the blessings of being citizens of the United States of America.
4. Citizen Statesman. Dr. Carson is not part of the Washington, D.C. crowd, Democrats and Republicans, that has brought this nation to the brink of bankruptcy, and continues its out-of-control spending habits. He is a citizen statesman, the kind of leader envisioned by America's Founders.
5. Trustworthy. Dr. Ben Carson is not a politician, like Ronald Reagan, he is a principled conservative who is totally committed to the United States Constitution. He can be trusted to say what he means and do what he says.
For further information on the National Draft Ben Carson for President Committee please write John Philip Sousa IV at Post Office Box 1376, Merrifield, Virginia 22116-1376 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #