ATLANTA, GA, June 07, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Church's Partners Foundation Inc., the public charitable foundation for the Church's Chicken brand recently awarded 50 Texas high school seniors the title of Church's Scholar. In honor of the students' outstanding academic achievements and extracurricular activities, the Church's Scholars Program will provide each student with $1,000 towards their college tuitions for the upcoming academic year.
Funds for the scholarships as part of the Church's Scholars Program were raised by the sale of coupon booklets at 92 of the Church's Chicken restaurants in Texas. More than 1,200 students applied for the scholarship. Students were chosen based on a combination of their grade point average, work experience and extracurricular activities.
"We are proud to honor these young people who have applied themselves both in their studies and in their lives outside of school," said Edward Brett, President, Church's Partners Foundation, Inc. "We thank the guests who have contributed funds to the program and we hope the scholarships help the students continue to do great things."
For more information about Church's Chicken , the Church's Partners Foundation, Inc. and other community programs they support, visit http://www.churchs.com and http://www.churchspartners.org.
About Church's Partners Foundation, Inc.
Founded in Atlanta, GA in 2007, the Church's Partners Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) public charity. Its mission is to provide support and assistance to the employees and franchisees of Church's Chicken and Texas Chicken , their families and the communities in which they live. Programs include the Church's Scholars Program which provides $1,000 scholarships to eligible applicants. For more information, visit http://www.churchspartners.org.
About Church's Chicken
Founded in San Antonio, TX in 1952 by George W. Church, Church's Chicken is one of the largest quick service restaurant chicken chains in the world. Church's specializes in Original and Spicy Chicken freshly prepared in small batches throughout the day that are hand-battered and double-breaded, Tender Strips , sandwiches, honey-butter biscuits made from scratch and freshly baked, and classic, home-style sides all for a great value. Church's has more than 1,700 locations in 25 countries and system-wide sales of more than $1 billion. For more information, visit http://www.churchs.com. Follow Church's on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/churchschicken and Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/churchschicken.
# # #Read more Press Releases from Kim Miller:
- Ryan's, HomeTown Buffet, and Old Country Buffet Explore Dine-Out Options with Introduction of Beverages To Go
- Celebrate Your Independence From Cooking with Ryan's, HomeTown Buffet and Old Country Buffet This Fourth of July
- Ryan's, HomeTown Buffet and Old Country Buffet Turn Up Fun On Family Night With July Music Promotion
- Ryan's, HomeTown Buffet and Old Country Buffet Treat Dad to a Manly Meal All Father's Day Weekend June 13 Through 15
- Miami Women Who Rock Partners with Bloomingdale's to Present "Stiletto Strut" to Benefit the Women's Breast Health Initiative
- Ryan's, HomeTown Buffet and Old Country Buffet Celebrate Mother's Day All Weekend Long May 9 Through 11
- Ryan's HomeTown Buffet And Old Country Buffet Celebrate Easter All Weekend And Delight Every Bunny
- Get A Clue: Ryan's , Hometown Buffet And Old Country Buffet Celebrate The Relaunch Of Nancy Drew And The Hardy Boys
- Ryan's, Hometown Buffet And Old Country Buffet Serve Dinner Sunny Side Up With Breakfast Favorites On Thursday Nights
- Dine At Ryan's , HomeTown Buffet and Old Country Buffet and Get Lucky With a Special Offer On St. Patrick's Day, March 17