BOSTON, MA, August 13, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/ -- The Massachusetts Broadcasters Hall of Fame will present its annual Gala Awards Ceremony and Luncheon on Thursday, September 13 from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM at the Boston Marriott Quincy Hotel.
Hosted by WBZ Radio 1030's Jordan Rich, the Hall of Fame will induct fourteen of Massachusetts' most popular and respected radio and television broadcasters into the Hall of Fame. This year's event, will be an exciting one for sure as the Emmy-Award winning Haverhill, Massachusetts native Tom Bergeron makes an appearance at LONG last, five years after he was honored in 2007.
Tickets at $45.00 [which include lunch] are on sale now and may be purchased on line at the MBHOF website: http://www.massbroadcastershof.org, or by mailing a check for the full amount of tickets requested to Mass. Broadcasters Hall of Fame, c/o Joan Greenberg, 20 Truman Rd, Newton Centre, MA 02459. Please include the names for tickets being ordered. All tickets will be held at will call immediately before the event. For more information, call: 617-969-5678 or 617-763-0109.
This year's Hall of Fame Honorees will be WCVB TV weatherman Dick Albert, news reporter and anchor Jim Boyd, KISS 108 FM's hilarious "Matty In the Morning" host Matt Siegel, WBZ TV news anchor Jack Williams, longtime visionary general manager of WBUR Jane Christo, WBZ/WCVB public relations executive and radio station founder Joseph A. Ryan and broadcast engineering executive George Capalbo, Sr.
Also honored will be seven deceased members of the broadcast media: founder/owner/manager of WJDA Jim Asher, pioneering sports announcer Leo Egan, pioneering female broadcaster Priscilla Fortescue, helicopter traffic reporter Joe Green, radio icon Bill Marlowe, radio personality Gus Saunders and the highly respected TV news director, Jim Thistle.
"Collectively, this year's inductees have contributed some 400 years of service to Boston and Massachusetts residents! We are pleased to honor them for providing us with so much knowledge, entertainment, and innovation, and we are SO excited to have Tom Bergeron finally show up!" notes Art Singer, President of Mass. Broadcasters Hall of Fame.
Tom Bergeron always guarantees his audience a fun and memorable time with his wit and humor. Tom hosts America's Funniest Home Videos and Dancing with the Stars, and in 2009 had more primetime hours on TV than any other host. Vying for honors as the busiest man in TV, Tom released his first book I'm Hosting as Fast as I Can! Zen and the Art of Staying Sane in Hollywood to rave reviews.
Tickets & Information:
Date: Thursday, September 13, 2012, Noon - 2:00 PM
Location: Marriott Quincy Hotel, [1200 Crown Colony Drive, Quincy, MA 02169; exit 18/19 off Route 3 at the Braintree split]. *Massasoit Community College in Brockton is the location of the permanent Mass. Broadcasters Hall of Fame exhibit.
Tickets: $45.00 each, on sale June 14 and may be purchased on line at the MBHOF website: www.massbroadcastershof.org, or by mailing a check for the full amount of tickets requested to Mass. Broadcasters Hall of Fame, c/o Joan Greenberg, 20 Truman Rd, Newton Centre, MA 02459. Please include the names for tickets being ordered. All tickets will be held at will call immediately before the event. For more information, call: 617-969-5678 or 617-763-0109.
The Massachusetts Broadcasters Hall of Fame is an incorporated 501(c)3 organization and has a nineteen-member Board of Directors, consisting primarily of broadcasters and other media professionals.
Sue Auclair Promotions is a public relations and marketing firm based in Boston, Massachusetts. For more information, contact us at 617-522-1394 or go to http://www.sueauclair.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Sue Auclair:
- Great Northeast Productions, Inc. Presents: An Evening With Bruce Cockburn
- Introducing Polly Gibbons: A Magical Evening at Ryles Jazz Club in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 8 PM
- Regattabar Presents An Evening With a Superband: Mike Pope & the House of Cardinals featuring Mike Pope, Eldar Djangirov, Joe Locke, Bob Franceschini & Mauricio Zottarelli
- Juanito Pascual New Flamenco Trio Featuring Juanito Pascual, Brad Barrett and Tupac Mantilla In Concert Saturday, February 15, 2014 at 8 PM at Sanders Theatre, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Madeleine Peyroux Heads to Boston for Concert at Berklee Performance Center, Sunday, October 27, 7 PM
- A Celebration of the Life and Music of Dave Brubeck, Saturday, May 11, 2013, 4:00 PM at Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine
- Tom Bergeron, Host of "Dancing With The Stars" Finally Shows Up to Collect His 2007 Mass. Broadcasters Hall of Fame Award at 2012 Event, Thursday, September 13
- Playing for Change 2012 "Back to Our Roots" Tour Stops at Berklee Performance Center in Boston, Friday, March 2, 2012 at 8:00 PM
- An Evening of POEMJAZZ Featuring Robert Pinsky and Laurence Hobgood takes place on Friday, February 24 at the Regattabar, Charles Hotel, Cambridge
- The New Bull Run Restaurant & Concert Series Showcases John Oates, Jonathan Edwards, Suzy Bogguss, Bearfoot, Savoy Brown, Rod MacDonald and James Montgomery