/24-7PressRelease/ - LAS VEGAS, NV - March 08, 2006 - For the past 15 years, E BUNNY has delivered thousands of Easter Baskets to underprivileged children. This year is no exception, and E BUNNY is gearing up to bring joy to hundreds of children in Las Vegas.
"We get requests from shelters every year," says spokesbunny Barbara Kenig, who founded the program. "We specifically look for groups and organizations that aren't sponsored by large charities or outreach programs; we look for those who otherwise wouldn't have Easter baskets for the kids."
Since 1990, E Bunny — with the generous help of retailers, industry and individual contributors — has delivered thousands of baskets to children in need. Merchants and manufacturers across America (the likes of Sam's Club, Russ Berrie and Company, Walmart, Ty, Bestever, and Target Stores) have helped through the years.
In her other life, Kenig runs In The Public Eye, an outcome-driven PR and media relations firm in Las Vegas. E Bunny and her husband, V21C President Howard Kenig, are members of Temple Beth Sholom in Summerlin, where Barbara serves on the Board of Directors.
"In Jewish, it's called tzedakah... giving to help someone in need," she explains.
If you would like to join the volunteers that make or donate Easter Baskets for homeless Las Vegas children, here's how you can help:
1) Make, or purchase ONE SPECIAL BASKET FOR ONE SPECIAL CHILD
by Monday April 10th
2) Donate merchandise for baskets
3) Spread the word. Ask friends and family to make a basket. Encourage the company you work for, or other businesses to donate merchandise or purchase baskets (tax deduction info available)
Please read the following suggestions and safety guidelines for making a special Easter basket for a child ages 2-12 yrs:
1) Include individually wrapped candy only
2) A cuddly stuffed animal is always welcome
3) Toys (bubbles, coloring books and crayons, play doh etc.) for young children
4) Older children might enjoy a doll, books, writing journal (girls) or a sports themed basket (boys)
5) Colorful presentations always make a big hit
6) Cover completed basket with clear or Easter wrap
7) Please include your name, address and e-mail so we can send you a special thank you
The homeless population in Las Vegas continues to grow. Children don't deserve to be part of that condition, yet thousands of them are living in a depressed and underprivileged state everyday. Easter is a time of HOPE and RENEWAL. Join E BUNNY in bringing joy into these children's lives, at this special time of the year.
For further information, contact Barbara Kenig directly, at (702)498-9808 or e-mail (email)email@example.com(email)
In The Public Eye is an outcome drive public relations and publicity firm. For further information, please contact us at (702)498.9808.
# # #Read more Press Releases from Barbara Kenig: