Contact Us

Electric Car Drivers Set to Benefit From More Charging Points

Asda Money reveals how motorists could benefit from electric cars.
    LEEDS, ENGLAND, June 05, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- The government has announced that it will give electric car drivers a 75% subsidy for the cost of installing charging point. This also applies to garages meaning they will only be expected to cover the remaining 25% of installation costs. (1)

A growing number of car manufacturers recognise that motorists want more fuel efficient and cost effective cars, which is why more and more, are developing electric and hybrid vehicles.

As a result, more electric charging points will be needed and the government is trying to encourage this by offering a subsidy.

There are number of benefits to buying an electric car with the main one being that it will reduce motoring costs in the long run.

Lower Cost

Electric cars on the whole cost less in total to own, operate and maintain than traditional fuel-powered vehicles, even in cases where the initial purchase price is somewhat higher. These smart cars might even help to you get cheap car insurance as green cars tend to fall into lower insurance groups.

More Reliability

As electric motors have very few moving parts and don't need fluids such as engine oil, anti-freeze or transmission fluid they tend to be more reliable. They require relatively little maintenance and are far less likely to leak (2). The only downside is that should you need extra parts or the vehicle needs fixing, the parts might be expensive to order.

Good for the environment

One of the key selling points of electric cars is that they emit no pollutant from the tailpipe, so they're cleaner for the environment and help to reduce your carbon footprint. The overall the emissions are much lower than fuel-powered cars.

Notes to editors
1. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21503532
2. http://regarchive.sdge.com/environment/evBenefits.shtml

04062013ACI247PR


# # #



Comment on this story...

Share This Story


Email this Story

Contact Information


Asda Money t/a Asda Financial Services Limited
Asda Money

Leeds
England
Voice: 0207 294 3631
E-Mail: Email Us Here
Website: Visit Our Website

Like This Story?


I like it! 0

Disclaimer


If you have any questions regarding information in this press release, please contact the person listed in the contact module of this page. Please do not attempt to contact 24-7 Press Release Newswire. We are unable to assist you with any information regarding this release. 24-7 Press Release Newswire disclaims any content contained in this press release. Please see our complete Terms of Service disclaimer for more information.