WASHINGTON, DC, December 25, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Friends of Yemin Orde is proud to announce that it has received the coveted Four Star Rating for exemplary fundraising practices from Charity Navigator, the nation's top independent charity evaluator, for the ninth consecutive year. The honor of receiving this citation for nine years in a row is earned by only one percent of the charities rated by Charity Navigator. It indicates that Friends of Yemin Orde outperforms most other charities in the U.S. for sound governance and commitment to accountability and transparency. The Four Star Rating is the highest rating possible on Charity Navigator's rating scale. Friends of Yemin Orde is the U.S.-based fundraising arm for Yemin Orde Youth Village and Yemin Orde Educational Initiatives, both located in Israel For more information on Friends of Yemin Orde, visit http://www.yeminorde.org, call 202.237.0286 or mailto:email@example.com.
"It's important that our supporters feel confident that we take our fiduciary and governance responsibilities seriously to properly steward their investment," said Karen Sallerson, Executive Director, Friends of Yemin Orde. "Our organization works hard to maximize the impact of our donations and we are honored to be recognized for excellent business practices in this way."
Yemin Orde Youth Village is located in the Carmel Forest region, - south of Haifa. The Village provides a home, safe haven and excellent education to some 450 emotionally-fragile immigrant and Israel-born children who have all suffered trauma: from abandonment and isolation to extreme poverty and loss. Through loving care and a unique and highly-effective educational methodology at Yemin Orde, called the Village Way, the children's lives are transformed. They develop leadership skills, self-esteem and cultural identity and learn to have hope for a positive and successful future as productive citizens of Israel. Yemin Orde's graduates remain connected to the Village for life.
Friends of Yemin Orde's primary partner, the Government of Israel, provides funding for 70 percent of the Village's operating expenses. The remaining 30 percent of funding, which is raised by Friends of Yemin Orde through private philanthropy, supports quality extra-curricular programs, vital psychological services, academic enrichment and uninsured medical needs.
Yemin Orde Educational Initiatives was created to expand the Yemin Orde methodology to other villages and schools in Israel by providing resources, teacher training, workshops, and more. Today, the Educational Initiatives partners with 20 schools and youth villages throughout Israel. The Village and Initiatives are both recognized throughout Israel as models of educational excellence.
Yemin Orde Youth Village and Yemin Orde Educational Initiatives (YOEI)
Yemin Orde Youth Village is located in the Carmel Forest region of northern Israel, just outside Haifa. It is home, school and safe haven to hundreds of at-risk immigrant youth from all over the world, including Ethiopia, the former Soviet Union, Eastern Europe and Brazil. The children at Yemin Orde have all experienced trauma: from abandonment and isolation to loss and extreme poverty. With the help of the Village's dedicated staff, educators and professionals, they cultivate self-esteem, leadership skills, strong cultural identity and a positive outlook on life. The promise that "Yemin Orde is always there for you" is not an empty statement to its graduates, teens and children. Graduates receive a wide range of services including scholarships and emergency financial support. The Village's "Home Away From Home" Graduate House is available for short or lengthy stays. At Yemin Orde, the children find a family and a future.
Yemin Orde Educational Initiatives (YOEI) extends Yemin Orde's unique methodology, called "the Village Way", to other youth villages and schools in Israel by providing workshops, teacher training and interventions, thereby reaching hundreds more at-risk children. By 2017, YOEI will be partnered with a total of five therapeutic residential communities and ten schools for at-risk youth in Israel. Today, YOEI and its resources are credited with transforming education for at-risk youth in Israel.
Visit http://www.yeminorde.org for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 202-237-0286.
# # #Read more Press Releases from Barbara Sherbill: