TORONTO, CANADA, July 15, 2010 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Sixty-four matches and a yellow card-filled final later, the 2010 FIFA World Cup generated the expected share of excitement, heartbreak and joy before crowning a new champion: Spain. For their fans, it's time to bask in glory atop the world soccer podium. For the losers, it's time to lament what could have been. For everyone, the clock is ticking until next time.
While there's almost nothing that can sweeten a devoted soccer fans' bitterness over an early World Cup exit, Gap Adventures (www.gapadventures.com) is offering the next best thing. The tour operator, best known for changing people's lives with its authentic, sustainable trips, may not be able to reverse the disappointing early departures of countries such as Italy, Argentina, Brazil and hometown favourite South Africa—but it can provide unforgettable adventures for travellers looking to explore those thrilling countries.
"No one enjoys seeing their favourite team head home from the World Cup early or empty-handed," said Gap Adventures founder Bruce Poon Tip. "But because spreading happiness and community is part of what we do, we thought it made sense to turn some of that heartbreak on its head and tempt travellers to visit one of these incredible countries."
As part of its efforts to cure those post-World Cup blues, Gap Adventures is urging travellers to hit the road on some of its most exciting trips:
• Spaniards will be bursting with pride for months following their first World Cup win, so there's no better time than now to soak up the sun-soaked and sangria-loving country's vibrant culture. The unforgettable Highlights of Spain trip (starting at $2,489 per adult, trip code ESMP) visits highlights such as Seville, Cordoba, Granada, Valencia, Barcelona and Madrid
• Although the Azzurri failed to impress at the World Cup, the Unique Italy itinerary (starting at $2,032 CAD per adult, trip code EIUL) lets travellers live la dolce vita while visiting hot spots such as Rome, Siena, Florence, Venice, the Italian Rivera and Lake Como
• The 15-day North Argentina Highlights adventure (starting at $1,999 CAD per adult, trip code ANA) can definitely ease the sting of Argentina's quarter-final loss to Germany as it explores the ancient culture of the Quilmes Ruins, gives travellers the chance to sip the world-renowned wines of the Mendoza region, and hits the streets of bustling Buenos Aires
• There were few teams favoured to go further at this year's World Cup than Brazil. While the gold and green bowed out in unceremonious fashion, the Wonders of Brazil tour (starting at $2,699 CAD per adult, trip code ZWB) offers chances to experience some of the country's most unforgettable highlights—Rio de Janeiro, Iguassu Falls, Bonito and the Pantanal Wetlands—and forget about that loss for 15 days
• Although the home country couldn't bring home the hardware, the Best of Africa itinerary (starting at $1,519 CAD per adult, trip code DABS) is an ideal trip for travellers looking to return home with life-long memories of the wondrous wildlife of Kruger National Park or the cosmopolitan excitement of vibrant Cape Town
For more information, visit http://www.gapadventures.com
About Gap Adventures
Gap Adventures is a world leader in the adventure travel industry offering small group adventures on all seven continents and beyond to more than 100,000 global travellers annually. The award-winning trips, which focus on culture, nature and active travel, are ideal for those with a sense of adventure - people who want to leave the beaten path and authentically immerse themselves in a local culture or environment to experience the real world in a sustainable manner. Demonstrating its ongoing cultural, social and economic commitment to responsible tourism, Gap Adventures established the Planeterra Foundation, as a way the company and its passengers can give back to the communities visited. For more information, please visit http://www.gapadventures.com and http://www.planeterra.org
# # #Read more Press Releases from Greg Hayes: