BOSTON, MA, August 10, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Great Northeast Productions, Inc. will present legendary Canadian icon, Zen songwriter, guitarist, singer, poet, activist and psalmist Bruce Cockburn in concert on Saturday, November 1, 8 PM at the historic, 100-year-old Somerville Theatre located at 55 Davis Square in Somerville, Massachusetts . This will be Cockburn's first Boston concert in three years and also his only New England appearance this season. Reserved-seat tickets at $42.50 and $36.50 [including theatre restoration fee] are on sale now at http://www.feitheatres.com and at the Somerville Theatre Box Office. For more information call, 617-625-5700.
Bruce Cockburn has always been a restless spirit. Over the course of four decades, the celebrated Canadian artist has travelled to the corners of the earth out of humanitarian concerns--often to trouble spots experiencing events that have led to some of his most memorable songs. Going up against chaos, even if it involves grave risks, can be necessary to get closer to the truth.
"My mother once said that I must have a death wish, always going to what she called 'those awful places,'" laughs Cockburn. "I don't think of it that way. I make these trips partly because I want to see things for myself and partly out of my own sense of adventure."
Cockburn's new memoir, Rumours of Glory will be released by Harper Collins worldwide on November 4. In addition, an hour-long video documentary, Pacing The Cage, an intimate look at Bruce Cockburn, his life and his music, was made available in June, 2013. Cockburn's most recent CD, Small Source of Comfort--his 31st album--released in 2011, garnered "Contemporary Album of the Year" and "Contemporary Singer of the Year" from the Canadian Folk Music Awards as well as a Juno award for "Top Roots & Traditional Album of the Year Solo."
"Fans of Bruce Cockburn's extraordinary acoustic fingerpicking will be thrilled with Small Source of Comfort, his 31st studio album. Cockburn's shimmering arpeggios, syncopated riffs, and hypnotic single-note lines blend elements of Mississippi John Hurt, Jerry Garcia, Leo Kottke, and Brazilian greats Luiz Bonfa and Oscar Castro-Neves, yet remain entirely his own" wrote Premier Guitar Magazine.
Cockburn has also won 13 Juno Awards and has been nominated for 32; he received the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2012 from the Society of Composers, Authors & Publishers.
Event page with full information and a music sample here: http://www.sueauclairpromotions.com/Sue_Auclair_Promotions/An_Evening_with_Bruce_Cockburn_November_1.html
Sue Auclair Promotions, is a public relations, marketing and publicity firm which has publicized and marketed high profile concerts, musicians, artists, festivals, night clubs, bands, orchestras and more for more than 30 years. Sue Auclair brings experience, creativity and insight to the table.
# # #Read more Press Releases from Sue Auclair:
- Introducing Polly Gibbons: A Magical Evening at Ryles Jazz Club in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 8 PM
- Regattabar Presents An Evening With a Superband: Mike Pope & the House of Cardinals featuring Mike Pope, Eldar Djangirov, Joe Locke, Bob Franceschini & Mauricio Zottarelli
- Juanito Pascual New Flamenco Trio Featuring Juanito Pascual, Brad Barrett and Tupac Mantilla In Concert Saturday, February 15, 2014 at 8 PM at Sanders Theatre, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Madeleine Peyroux Heads to Boston for Concert at Berklee Performance Center, Sunday, October 27, 7 PM
- A Celebration of the Life and Music of Dave Brubeck, Saturday, May 11, 2013, 4:00 PM at Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine
- Tom Bergeron, Host of "Dancing With The Stars" Finally Shows Up to Collect His 2007 Mass. Broadcasters Hall of Fame Award at 2012 Event, Thursday, September 13
- Dick Albert, Jim Boyd, Jack Williams, Matt Siegel, George Capalbo, Jane Christo, Joseph Ryan and Tom Bergeron to Receive Mass. Broadcasters Hall of Fame Awards September 13 in Boston
- Playing for Change 2012 "Back to Our Roots" Tour Stops at Berklee Performance Center in Boston, Friday, March 2, 2012 at 8:00 PM
- An Evening of POEMJAZZ Featuring Robert Pinsky and Laurence Hobgood takes place on Friday, February 24 at the Regattabar, Charles Hotel, Cambridge
- The New Bull Run Restaurant & Concert Series Showcases John Oates, Jonathan Edwards, Suzy Bogguss, Bearfoot, Savoy Brown, Rod MacDonald and James Montgomery