COLUMBUS, OH, November 14, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/
-- The AAA Ohio Auto Club is gearing up for the fifth annual Great Vacations Travel EXPO, presented by AAA, slated for January 18-20, 2013. Held at Franklin County Veterans Memorial in Downtown Columbus, the EXPO is a one-stop shop for everything related to travel. The event offers central Ohio consumers information and EXPO-only deals and the best travel values on everything, from exotic cruises and European vacations to affordable escapes that are close to home.
Andrew McCarthy, National Geographic Traveler editor-at-large and author of the popular, new travel book, The Longest Way Home, will appear at the EXPO on Sunday, January 20 at 1 p.m. on the AAA Travel Stage, presented by DIRECTV. Perhaps best known for his roles in a long list of hit movies, such as Weekend at Bernie's, Pretty in Pink, St. Elmo's Fire, and Less than Zero, the actor-turned-author has since added the title of "Travel Journalist" to his resume. McCarthy will be on hand to talk about his new memoir and offer his unique insight into the world of travel, as well as encouragement and tips for overcoming the fear of traveling. Following his appearance, McCarthy will answer audience questions and sign autographs. His memoir, The Longest Way Home, will be available for purchase and a book signing.
With more than 250 exhibits, attractions and events, the EXPO is a destination in itself. Favorite travel spots come alive with interactive events and experiences that are as entertaining as they are helpful and educational. Specific attraction areas within the EXPO will include:
- Vacation Marketplace: The EXPO has assembled an incredible lineup of the world's top travel destinations and guests are encouraged to come with their calendar of available dates and favorite form of payment so they're prepared to book trips and take advantage of many great travel deals.
- Paradise Pavilion, presented by Travel Impressions: The Paradise Pavilion will transport guests right out of the cold to warm tropical vacation destinations of a lifetime, from extraordinary resorts throughout the Caribbean and Mexico.
- The Great Outdoors Adventure Area: Presented by Metro Parks, guests will enjoy The Great Outdoors without leaving indoors. This beautifully natural area within the EXPO is a restful place where guests can enjoy real pine woodlands, a covered bridge, water features and fun activities for the entire family, including wildlife presentations and hands-on opportunities to get up close and personal with nature.
- Lake Erie Shores & Islands: Guests will love setting sail for Lake Erie Shores & Islands at this special feature area of the EXPO. From Cedar Point, to Put-in-Bay, this fun-filled beach environment boasts loads of interactive activities that bring the unique Lake Erie Shores & Islands experience to life.
- Experience Columbus Pavilion: Guests will discover unforgettable destinations from all across the central Ohio region, for experiences that are as nearby as they are affordable.
- AAA Travel Stage, presented by DIRECTV: Live entertainment, events, appearances and workshops that entertain and educate are led by leading travel experts and well-known celebrities.
The Great Vacations Travel EXPO opens Friday, January 18 and runs through Sunday, January 20, at Franklin County Veterans Memorial in Downtown Columbus. EXPO hours are Friday 12 p.m. - 8 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. - 8 p.m., and Sunday 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. Tickets are available at the door or at any AAA Ohio Auto Club store, beginning December 3, for $9 or $6 for AAA members. Children ages 16 and under are admitted at no charge. For additional event details or to purchase tickets in advance, visit www.AAAGreatVacations.com
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Amy Weirick: