TUCSON, AZ, October 07, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- There are different options when it comes to air travel for pets
- domestic or international. Small pets can travel in the cabin with their owners or as cargo, either accompanied (the owner flies on the same flight) or unaccompanied.
Happy Tails Travel
, with years of experience arranging for pets to travel safely and happily, offers the following advice:
Traveling with your pet in the cabin
This is only feasible for relatively small animals, generally cats or smaller dogs. The animal must be in a pet crate or soft-sided travel carrier that fits under the seat in front of you.
- Your pet is with you at all times and you can reassure your pet
- The cost of taking a pet in the cabin is around $75, less expensive than having them as 'cargo'
- Quicker in and out of airports since pet is with you
- Even though your pet is close by, you will not be allowed to take them out of the carrier at any time during the flight
- You will have to remove the pet from the carrier and carry him/her through security
- Airlines often restrict the total number of pets allowed in the cabin on any one flight to four or fewer - booking ahead is essential
- Only one animal per passenger is allowed
- The pet carrier is one of your 'carry-on' items - so other carry-on will be severely restricted
- Airlines may turn away pets if they do not feel they have room to stand and turn around inside their carrier
Having your pet travel as 'cargo'
- Pets are kept in a temperature-controlled, pressurized, oxygenated compartment area of the plane, with other pets
- They can travel with you (accompanied) or unaccompanied - the majority of Happy Tails Travel's pets travel unaccompanied
- Owners enjoy greater flexibility with flight arrangements or can choose to drive while their pet flies
- Is likely the only option for larger animals
- This option is more costly
- Owners and pets are separated for the duration of each flight
For more information on traveling with your pet
, visit www.happytailstravel.com
520-299-3315Email Us Here