- FORT LAUDERDALE, FL, June 08, 2008 - According to the 2008 summer travel survey by AOL, 66% of American travelers plan to keep their vacations close to home this summer due to the rise in gas prices. In response to this "stay-cation" trend, Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa is offering valuable savings for those looking to experience Fort Lauderdale this season. Valid through September 30, the Summer Family Escape package at this luxury Florida beach resort
starts at $263 per room, per night and includes the following*:
• Overnight Fort Lauderdale beach front hotel
accommodations in a deluxe guest room
• Complimentary cabinette or beach umbrella on Fort Lauderdale's largest private beach
• Harbor Beach Pass which includes daily access to the Spa at Harbor Beach amenities ($30 value)
• One in-room family-friendly movie ($16 value)
• 20% off all treatments at The Spa at Harbor Beach
• 20% off all purchases at the Tranquility Spa Shop
• Free self-parking in resort garage ($21 value)
Keeping an eye on additional expenses for guests, this beach hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
provides guests with a variety of complimentary daily activities including beach volleyball, basketball, ping pong, dive-in movies and more. Located just offshore is one of the best diving locations in the U.S., and guests can begin their underwater adventure with a free introduction to scuba diving (ages eight and up) at the hotel's pool. While kids enjoy the fun in the sun, mom and dad can relax with weekly evening lobby receptions offering free Starbucks coffee or wine tastings as well as live music.
To offset the rising cost of prices at the pump guests can leave car keys in guest rooms and enjoy the city by water taxi and on foot. Whether strolling along Las Olas to visit the chic boutiques and regional specialty stores or walking through the various exhibits at the Museum of Discovery and Science, families have plenty to see and do while in South Florida.
For Summer Family Escape package reservations, please visit http://marriottharborbeach.com
or call (800) 222-6543 and use promotional code ZJ1.
About Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, a four-diamond rated resort tucked away on 16 oceanfront acres, is Fort Lauderdale's classic destination resort. The resort has just completed a $25 million rooms and suites renovation that makes its accommodations as warm and relaxed as its private beach. All 650 guest rooms and suites feature 32-inch flat screen televisions and deluxe Marriott bedding with down comforters, cotton-rich sheets and feather pillows. The seaside residential ambience is enhanced with new furnishings, carpeting, designer lighting, window treatments and art work. Listed in "100 Best Spas of the World," the Fort Lauderdale hotel Spa
at Harbor Beach is a 20,000-square-foot seaside oasis with 18 private treatment rooms, a private spa pool, sauna, whirlpool, eucalyptus steam rooms, private lockers, health-oriented Spa Caf , fitness center, yoga and Pilates classes and motion studio overlooking the ocean.
3030 Ocean is the hotel's fine dining waterfront restaurant in Fort Lauderdale
, offering fresh American seafood creations. Guests looking for a more casual dining experience can visit Riva and Cascades restaurants. Located just 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, Harbor Beach Resort offers guests tropical seclusion with all the exciting dining, shopping, entertainment and cultural options of the city at its doorstep. Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa has received the Fodor's Choice 2007 distinction, which recognizes it as one of the top hotels in Fort Lauderdale. For more information or to make a reservation, call 954-525-4000 or visit http://marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllsb
*Based on availability, rate does not include tax or surcharges.