PHOENIX, AZ, November 24, 2009 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Most children have no awareness of the possible dangers and hazards that can harm them. As a parent, you may do everything in your power to protect them, but sometimes another person's neglect can drastically change your child's life for the worse.
Since children are more fragile than adults, a head injury can take longer to recover from and can cause more devastating long term side effects.
In the Tempe, Mesa, Scottsdale and Phoenix area, many children have been the victim of another person's negligence and have suffered traumatic brain injuries.
A head injury in children can be the fault of a school, the improper supervision of a child care facility, or even a hazard that was not properly taken care of from a property owner.
If your child has been the victim of a head injury that was the fault of another's negligence, then contacting an Arizona personal injury attorney may be the best option for receiving the compensation you need.
There are many different scenarios that can cause a head injury for a child. Many of these dangers have posed significant threats to children and have resulted in life changing head trauma. Some examples of the dangerous scenarios include:
• Slip and fall
• Faulty playground equipment
• Car accident
• Bicycle accident
• Sporting accident
• Rollerblading accident
• Defective products
• Cracked sidewalk
• Physical abuse
With children it may be more difficult to recognize how sever their head injury may be. If your child exhibits any of the following signs, you must get them medical attention immediately. These signs include:
Warning Signs in Children
• The child will not stop crying
• The child is inconsolable
• The child is unable to walk correctly
• The child looses consciousness, even briefly
• Bleeding or swelling occurs
A head injury can result in many lifelong problems. In some cases the child will suffer learning disabilities and poor academic performance as a result of the head trauma. Other examples of the possible aftermath include:
The aftermath of head injuries in children
• Blurred vision
• Neurological defects
• Change in behavior
It is difficult to prevent this type of accident from occurring to your child, since they occur in a matter of seconds and are impossible to predict. However there are preventative measures parents can take in order to prevent this life changing injury from occurring. Some of these safety precautions include:
• Always make sure that your child wears a helmet when riding a bike or rollerblading or engaging in other similar activities
• If your child suffers from a head injury and appears fine, go to a hospital just for precaution
• Always make sure that your child is safely buckled in a vehicle or is properly secured in their infant seat
• Be familiar with who is going to supervise your child outside the home and make sure that he/she will not be neglected at any time
Contact an Arizona Personal Injury Attorney
Seeing a child suffer a head injury can be one of the most difficult sights for a parent to experience. If the pain and suffering your child is enduring was caused by another person's negligence, then contacting an Arizona personal injury lawyer is the best option for your child's best interest. For more information: www.solomonrelihan.com