NEW YORK, NY, November 15, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Health and medical reporters are invited to listen to experts present their opinions and clinical data relative to patients with vascular disease at the 40th Annual VEITHsymposium
, Tuesday, November 19 - Saturday, November 23 at the New York Hilton-Midtown, 1335 6th Ave, New York, NY 10019. The 5-day program features over 750 rapid-fire presentations
offered in 87 sessions by world-renowned vascular specialists. VEITHsymposium draws a large international attendance including vascular surgeons, interventional radiologists, interventional cardiologists, and other allied health specialists who manage patients with diseases of the arteries and veins. Experts will present and probe into topics of mounting concern among the general public.
Frank J. Veith, M.D
., chairman of the VEITHsymposium, professor of surgery Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) and New York University (NY, NY) notes, "Vascular disease in all of its manifestations is a leading cause of death and disability affecting a large percentage of Americans over the age of 50. This year's meeting will empower media with objective opinions on new technologies and devices, explore the comparative benefits of endovascular interventions, open surgery and pharmacological treatments. Ongoing clinical research and trials and updates will be reviewed. The Affordable Care Act and economical challenges facing vascular specialists and medicine will be covered. Lively debates are scheduled throughout the program."
Important highlights of this year's meeting will include:
- Carotid artery disease including stenting vs. open surgery
- Carotid atherosclerosis as a risk for stroke
- EVAR (endovascular aneurysm repair)
- Occluded and injured vessels
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Venous disease
- Pulmonary embolism treatment: Interventional vs. pharmacological
- Interventional treatment for chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency (CCSVI) for Multiple Sclerosis patients
- Endovenous management of varicose veins
- Hemodialysis access
- Wound care
- Large vein occlusive disease
- Complex vascular malformations (pediatric and adult)
- Experiences of a surgeon astronaut and his comments about today's world Issues related to business, government, health care reform, industry and ethics
- And much more
Veith concluded, "Media will have an opportunity to attend all presentations, visit the pavilions and exhibits plus follow up with experts in the VEITHsymposium press suite located in the Madison Suite, 2nd floor of the hotel."
Last year's video can be found here
About VEITHsymposium: Now in its fourth decade, VEITHsymposium provides vascular surgeons, interventional radiologists, interventional cardiologists and other vascular specialists with a unique and exciting format to learn the most current information about what is new and important in the treatment of vascular disease.
The 5-day event features over 750 rapid-fire presentations from world-renowned vascular specialists with emphasis on the latest advances, changing concepts in diagnosis and management, pressing controversies and new techniques. To register to attend the VEITHsymposium, please visit www.VEITHpress.org
or contact Pauline T. Mayer at 631.979.3780 or email