- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
This is a tremendous achievement because each of the top performers earned this recognition through the voice of their provider customers.
OREM, UT, July 29, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Thousands of healthcare providers weighed in to identify this year's top-performing vendor solutions in 23 different medical equipment and infrastructure categories. The "2014 Best in KLAS: Medical Equipment and Infrastructure" report is the culmination of feedback from providers throughout the world.
"This is a tremendous achievement because each of the top performers earned this recognition through the voice of their provider customers," said Matt Terry, vice president of medical equipment and imaging research for KLAS. "Given that vendors must concern themselves with the complexities of a dynamic healthcare market and operational challenges, it is remarkable to see so many undeviating from their focus on helping providers succeed."
This year, Omnicell earned five awards, and Philips took away four. The breakdown of the top performers and their scores is as follows:
Best in KLAS Awards - Reserved for vendor solutions that lead the imaging and pharmacy automation equipment market segments with the broadest operational and clinical impact on healthcare organizations.
- OVERALL PHARMACY AUTOMATION EQUIPMENT: Omnicell 85.3
- OVERALL IMAGING EQUIPMENT: Philips 88.9
- COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY (CT) - 64-SLICE+: Toshiba Aquilion PRIME 93.5
- DIGITAL X-RAY: Shimadzu RADspeed 91.2
- MAGNETIC RESONANCE (MR) - 3.0T: Philips Ingenia 91.3
- MAGNETIC RESONANCE (MR) - 1.5T: Philips Ingenia 91.1
- MAMMOGRAPHY - DIGITAL: Hologic Selenia Dimensions 3D Breast Tomosynthesis 95.2
- RADIATION THERAPY: Elekta Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion 92.8
- ULTRASOUND - GENERAL IMAGING: Siemens ACUSON S3000 91.0
- ULTRASOUND - CARDIOVASCULAR: Philips iE33 88.5
PHARMACY AUTOMATION EQUIPMENT
- AUTOMATED MEDICATION DISPENSING UNITS: Omnicell OmniRx 87.3
- SMART PUMPS - LVP: Baxter Healthcare SIGMA Spectrum 83.2
KLAS Category Leader Awards - Reserved for vendor solutions leading in respective market segment(s) that have a more narrow operational and clinical impact on healthcare organizations.
- CV/IR X-RAY: TOSHIBA Infinix-i 90.8
- DIGITAL X-RAY - MOBILE: Shimadzu Mobile DaRt Evolution Wireless 91.3
PHARMACY AUTOMATION EQUIPMENT
- ANESTHESIA CABINETS: Omnicell Anesthesia Workstation 87.1
- CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS: Omnicell Controlled Substance Management (CSM) 90.1
- PHARMACY AUTOMATION: HIGH-VOLUME UNIT DOSE PACKAGING: Omnicell WorkflowRx Packager 80.4
- PHARMACY AUTOMATION: IV ROBOTS: IH Systems RIVA 81.3
- PHARMACY AUTOMATION: MEDICATION CAROUSELS: Omnicell WorkflowRx Carousel 84.6
- PHARMACY AUTOMATION: ROBOTS (ORAL SOLID): Aesynt PROmanager-Rx 80.2
- SMART PUMPS - PCA: CareFusion Alaris PCA module TIED WITH Hospira LifeCare PCA at 83.5
- SMART PUMPS - SYRINGE: CareFusion Alaris Syringe module 82.3
- WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS: Vocera Badges 86.9
For more-detailed information on each vendor's performance, visit KLAS online at http://www.klasresearch.com/klasreports/bestinklas to see the "2014 Best in KLAS: Medical Equipment and Infrastructure" report. The report is available to healthcare providers and vendors. Providers receive a significant discount off the standard retail price or can receive a complimentary summary report in exchange for a survey about one of their current suppliers.
KLAS is a research firm on a global mission to improve healthcare delivery by enabling providers to be heard and counted. Working with thousands of healthcare executives and clinicians, KLAS gathers data on software, services, medical equipment and infrastructure systems to deliver timely reports, trends and statistical overviews. The research directly represents the provider voice and acts as a catalyst for improving supplier performance. KLAS was founded in 1996, and their staff and advisory board average 25 years of healthcare information technology experience. Follow KLAS on Twitter at www.twitter.com/KLASresearch.
# # #