HAUPPAUGE, NY, May 16, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Long Island business leaders are being encouraged to register early for a number of "firsts" as the HIA-LI 25th Annual Trade Show and Conference is just a week away. In celebration of the trade show's Silver Anniversary - providing networking for a longer time than the Internet and more social than Facebook - HIA-LI, the recognized voice for business on Long Island
, is introducing a number of new specialty pavilions, sponsors and seminar programming. On Thursday, May 23 trade show participants can attend breakfast and luncheon events, business "how to" seminars and meet with key local and national sponsors, including Microsoft which will be exhibiting its latest technologies and providing 10% discount coupons to event attendees for its products. For more details, please visit: http://www.hia-li.org/tradeshow2013/
"We are proud that the HIA-LI 25th Annual Trade Show and Conference serves as an important forum for economic development discussions regarding what Long Island needs to do now and in the future," says Terri Alessi-Miceli, President of HIA-LI. "Companies on the trade show floor represent the best of Long Island."
This year the trade show floor will boast 9 pavilions, each hosting companies from within a specific focus area, including Economic Development, Suffolk IDA Innovation, Finance, Green Industries, Made in the USA/Manufacturing (showcasing the interesting products made on Long Island), Not-for-Profit (highlighting work being done to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy), Technology, Wellness/Healthcare and Workforce Development.
Start-Ups at the Show
A number of Long Island start-ups and the organizations that help them will be exhibiting during the trade show in the Suffolk IDA Innovation Pavilion. These companies and organizations include: Suffolk County IDA; Clean Energy Business Incubator Program (CEBIP); Brookhaven National Lab; Accelerate Long Island; LI Angel Network; National Grid; Hespos & Porco, LLP; and Hands on Bookkeeping.
Events & Seminars
At various times throughout the day, HIA-LI has lined up thought-provoking and actionable events and seminars presented by business leaders ready to share insights, forward-looking business strategies and inspirational thoughts.
Schedule of the Day
- 7:30 am - 10 am - Executive Breakfast
- "You Gotta Have Balls in Business" presented by Brandon Steiner, author & CEO, Steiner Sports Marketing & Memorabilia Inc. (Auxiliary Gym - additional fee). Attendees will receive 20% off
from SteinerSports.com from through June 5.
- 9 am - Business Trade Show Floor Opens; Seminars Begin
- 10 am - 11:30 am - Executive Program
- "Investing in Suffolk Innovation Economy" panel moderated by Anthony Manetta, CEO/Executive Director Suffolk County Industrial Development Agency (IDA) with invited panelists Mark Lesko, Executive Director of Accelerate Long Island and David Calone, CEO of Jove Equity Partners & Co-Founder of the Long Island Emerging Technologies Fund (Lecture Hall - complimentary with pre-registration)
- 10:15 am - 11:15 am - Complimentary Business Seminars
(view seminars: http://bit.ly/10xel4P
- 11:30 am - 1:30 pm - Executive Luncheon
- "Building a Better Long Island Now and in the Future" with opening remarks by Ken Adams, President & CEO/ESD & Commissioner New York State Department of Economic Development; moderated by John Kominicki, Publisher, LIBN with invited panelists Babylon Town Supervisor Rich Schaeffer, Brookhaven Town Supervisor Ed Romaine, Islip Town Supervisor Tom Croci and John D. Cameron, Chairman of the Long Island Regional Planning Council and Managing Partner at Cameron Engineering & Associates, LLP. Hear about regional economic development projects such as the Ronkonkoma Hub, Wyandanch Rising and much more. (Auxiliary Gym - additional fee)
- 1:45 pm - 2:45 pm - Complimentary Business Seminars
(view seminars: http://bit.ly/10xel4P
- 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm - Complimentary Networking Event
- "50 Shades of Networking" (Auxiliary Gym - complimentary with pre-registration)
- 4:00 pm - Show Ends
This year's trade show and conference sponsors include: Albrecht, Viggiano, Zureck & Co., P.C.; Astoria Federal Savings; Bridgehampton National Bank; Brookhaven National Laboratory; Campolo, Middleton & McCormick, LLP; Capital One Bank; Century Link; Clean Energy Business Incubator Program (CEBIP); CMIT Solutions of Long Island; Communication Strategy Group; Delta Computer Group, Inc.; Design Audio Visual; Effects of Color; Empire National Bank; Express Air Freight; Fishbat; Hybra Energy; H2M Architects & Engineers; Investors Bank; Island Occupational Medical Resources, P.C.; IT asset Management Group; JayMar Insurance Agency LLC; LearningRX; LI Angel Network/LaunchPad; LIPA; Long Island Business News; LongIsland.com; Long Island Press;LongIsland.com; Lorraine Gregory Communications Group; Mercedes Benz of Smithtown; Microsoft; National Grid; NEFCU; New Millennium Technology services Optimum; Newsday; Northville Natural Gas Fuels; NST; People's Alliance Federal Credit Union; Petro Commercial Services; Ping Media Inc; Portnoy, Messinger, Pearl & Associates, Inc.; Positive Promotions; Presentations Plus; RIT Printing Corp.; Sign A Rama of Hauppauge; SST Communications; Suffolk County IDA; Stony Brook University; Suffolk Federal Credit Union; Sunrise Medical Labs; TD Bank; Teachers Federal Credit Union; Telestory Pictures; The Alternative Board; The Crescent Beach Club; ThomasNet; Town of Islip Economic Development; Trinity Solar; WALK Radio; www.FirstHandTickets.com
HIA-LI helps Long Island businesses prosper. For over 30 years, we have been the recognized voice for business on Long Island and a powerful force and economic engine for regional development. We provide a forum for business leaders to network, problem solve and obtain advice on critical issues facing their businesses. Our member companies represent tens of thousands of business professionals. We're headquartered in and support one of the largest industrial parks in the United States. HIA-LI programs and events promote strategic partnerships, targeted networking, and information sharing and business advocacy. Members benefit from our committees, educational programs, career resources, research capabilities, mentoring opportunities and business advisory services. For more information, visit http://www.HIA-LI.org
or call 631-543-5355.
Terri Alessi-Miceli, 631-543-5355, email@example.com
Arthur Germain, Communication Strategy Group
; 1-866-997-2424; firstname.lastname@example.org