- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
HAUPPAUGE, NY, July 30, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- HIA-LI, the recognized voice for business on Long Island, has announced 16 finalists among four business categories, plus one special award, for its prominent HIA-LI Annual Business Achievement Awards. These finalists have demonstrated the greatest achievements in industry leadership, creativity, successful business operations, corporate vision, and other characteristics vital to developing and growing a winning organization. Those companies selected to receive awards will be announced during a gala luncheon event held at the Crest Hollow Country Club in Woodbury, NY, 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM, Thursday, September 12, 2013. More information about the awards event is available at: http://bit.ly/hia-li-baa-event-2013.
"We are proud to recognize the business excellence represented by the finalists for this year's HIA-LI Business Achievement Awards from among the many applications we received," said Terri Alessi-Miceli, President of HIA-LI. "Soon we will conduct on-site visits with each of the finalists in order to learn more about their company operations and to determine the winners for this year's awards."
Finalists in the HIA-LI 19th Annual Business Achievement Awards competition in four separate business categories, plus one special award, are:
Large Businesses (100 or more employees):
- A & Z Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - a leading global developer, manufacturer and supplier of a wide range of OTC pharmaceutical products and nutritional supplements
- Crosstex International - a leading provider of infection prevention and control products
- North Atlantic Industries - a specialized provider of embedded electronics and computing for military and aerospace applications
- SmartSource Computer & Audio Visual Rentals - a provider of a wide range of corporate & event rentals as well as trade show and technology services
- Teacher's Federal Credit Union - a not-for-profit, member-owned financial institution providing personal financial services to more than 228,000 members and with over $4.7 billion in assets
Small Businesses (less than 100 employees):
- Accu Data Payroll - a payroll services provider serving small businesses in New York
- Gettry Marcus CPA, P.C. - a top 200 accounting firm with offices in Woodbury, Long Island and NYC
- Lorraine Gregory Communications Group - a complete direct mail marketing company
- MAGII Group of Companies - a provider of financial planning, employee-benefits consulting and third-party administration for small businesses and non-for-profit organizations
- Package All - a stocking distributor in the rigid packaging business headquartered in Bayport, NY with distribution centers in New York and Southern California
- American Heart Association - a non-profit organization that fosters appropriate cardiac care in an effort to reduce disability and deaths caused by cardiovascular disease and stroke
- Family Residences & Essential Enterprises (FREE) - an organization whose philosophy is rooted in the realization of human potential
- Habitat for Humanity of Long Island - a non-profit builder of affordable homes
Rookie of the Year (companies that have been operating less than five years):
- Digital Natives Group - a digital agency
- Fishbat - an award winning online marketing firm & social media agency
- Rigatoni's Pizza & Pasta - a local Italian restaurant
Industry Partnership Award
- Smithtown School Industry Advisory Board
In choosing the finalists, the selection committee considered multiple factors. The award criteria include:
- Positive employer/employee relations
- Commitment to the growth or betterment of the Long Island business community
- Revenue and profitability trends over the last three years
- Three to five year vision for the company's future
Additional criteria that were considered include:
- Recent outstanding accomplishments
- Technical innovation or innovative processes
- Expansion into new markets
- Industry leadership
- Overcoming adversity
This year's show sponsor is Amneal Pharmaceuticals. Other award and event sponsors to date include: Communication Strategy Group, Farrell Fritz, P.C., Grassi & Co., H2M Architects & Engineers, People's Alliance Federal Credit Union.
Past winners and finalists include: Allstate Insurance; Amneal Pharmaceuticals; Clear Vision Optical; Community Development Corp.; EAC, Inc.; Fuoco Group; Grassi & Co.; H2M; Island Pro Digital; Then Kensington Company; mindSHIFT Technologies; Middle Country Public Library, Stalco Construction; United Way of Long Island; VAI, Inc. and many others.
Those interested in attending the luncheon, or companies interested in becoming sponsors, should visit http://bit.ly/hia-li-baa-event-2013 or contact Sara Hundertmark at HIA-LI at firstname.lastname@example.org or 631-543-5355.
HIA-LI helps Long Island businesses prosper. For over 30 years, we have been the recognized voice for business on Long Island and a powerful force and economic engine for regional development. We provide a forum for business leaders to network, problem solve and obtain advice on critical issues facing their businesses. Our member companies represent tens of thousands of business professionals. We're headquartered in and support one of the largest industrial parks in the United States. HIA-LI programs and events promote strategic partnerships, targeted networking, information sharing and business advocacy. Members benefit from our committees, educational programs, career resources, research capabilities, mentoring opportunities and business advisory services. For more information, visit http://www.hia-li.org or call 631-543-5355.
Angela Kambarian, Communication Strategy Group, for HIA-LI
# # #