- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
PERTH, AUSTRALIA, July 04, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Recent news has revealed that Australia is the second best place in the world to be a female entrepreneur. Australia placed just behind the US but ahead of Germany, France, Mexico and the UK as countries which encourage and foster female entrepreneurship. The rankings are calculated based on three factors: the entrepreneurial environment in a country; the entrepreneurial ecosystem; and entrepreneurial aspirations. The corporate landscape in Australia is creating a really strong community of women who are starting their own businesses, mainly because they want to create work that can work around their own lives. There is currently a really exciting start-up culture in Australia providing women with access to great networks and role models. With the country's economy in a strong place it is a great time for start-up businesses to be successful as they have strong financial support.
To encourage more females into entrepreneurship, managing director of Hype Initiatives, Nona B., offers her guide to surviving in a mostly male dominated industry:
1. Invest in your workers - They will grow as your brand grows.
2. Remove emotion in hostile situations - Women will make better decisions if they focus on the facts rather than emotions.
3. Find time away from work - Find something productive to do outside of work whether that be going to the gym or taking an actual lunch break.
4. Don't assume anything - Regardless of past experiences with a client, ask for contracts and check the fine print.
5. Document client liaisons - This will be of great use when chasing invoices.
6. Don't overburden when running a business - Work towards strengths, finding professional help for areas which are more challenging.
7. Females should look at their social circle for skills - If they can, create a contract with former colleagues they trust for mutual benefit.
8. Talk it out - Using networks to talk to a mentor or person in similar positions can be great to bounce ideas off and discuss business issues.
9. Shop around for services - Research and price-check on the essentials that will help grow and maintain the business.
10. Automate wherever possible - Save time and never miss a beat by keeping a variety of email templates on file so it is easier to respond to enquiries, quotes, invoices and feedback. Always look for ways to automate the business.
Hype Initiatives is an Australian-based outsourced sales and marketing firm. Their aim is to drive their clients' profits, increase sales and boost brand exposure. They strive to create a unique atmosphere and produce amazing results. The firm promises a 100% return on investment, they do this by using face-to-face direct marketing techniques and representing clients better than they can represent themselves in a sales pitch. Put simply, Hype Initiatives' talk, inform and educate the general public on behalf of their clients' brands which leads to an increase in revenue.
Source: http://www.smartcompany.com.au/leadership/strategy/42238-australia-ra ... eneur.html
About Hype Initiatives
Hype Initiatives is a direct sales and marketing firm based in Perth, Western Australia.
# # #