- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
KENILWORTH, NJ, October 10, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- But before flipping the switch from "Cool" to "Heat" it's a good idea to perform some simple but essential maintenance. Meyer & Depew, a leader in heating installation, repair and maintenance in Northern and Central New Jersey, is helping by informing customers about some basic things they can do to help maximize performance and energy savings during the upcoming heating season.
Following this four-point checklist will not only help keep home heating systems running efficiently throughout the Fall and Winter but can also help identify problems before they reach a critical state, especially important during periods of single-digit temperatures or winter blizzards.
To avoid unexpected mechanical breakdowns and heating emergencies, Meyer & Depew suggests that New Jersey residents perform the following maintenance items prior to turning on their home heating systems:
1) Replace the furnace filter - a fresh filter helps maintain clean air within the home by removing allergens, pollutants and other airborne particles, while helping to prolong the life of your heating system.
2) Clean the furnace - this includes making sure that burners are thoroughly cleaned and that all dust and dirt have been vacuumed out.
3) Check key components for proper operation - visually inspect the heat exchanger to ensure that that there are no cracks and make certain that the thermocouple on the pilot light assembly and the pilot light itself are operating normally.
4) Lubricate parts and motors - check to make sure all belts on belt driven blowers are without cracks and that all motor bearings are well lubricated for smooth, silent operation.
For homeowners requiring professional service and maintenance on their heating systems, Meyer & Depew is offering a $75.00 discount to all New Jersey residents for a limited time. In addition to the items above, the checklist of professionally performed services includes the following.
- Check that furnace flue is venting properly
- Adjust burner for proper flame (as necessary)
- Check condition of pilot; clean (as necessary)
- Check gas line pressure
- Check manifold pressure
- Check condensate if necessary
- Check fan and limit control
- Check pilot safety
- Check heat anticipator
- Check pressure regulator
- Check burner operation
- Check heat relay
- Check safety controls
- Check thermocouple
- Check temperature rise
- Check fan speed for winter operation
Bobby Ring, president of Meyer & Depew, offers some valuable advice, "Choosing the right company to provide heating system maintenance is very important. Look for a company that has the knowledge, technical training and certifications to do the work properly and professionally. Most important, be sure that they provide an honest assessment. Make certain they offer a warranty on both the workmanship and the unit. Finally, inquire about their experience and make sure they've received lots of high marks for consumer satisfaction."
Central and Northern New Jersey Homeowners can get more information about a Meyer & Depew Heating Maintenance Checkup by calling 800-246-4342 or visiting www.meyer-depew.com/heating. To apply for the $75 discount on a heating checkup, please visit www.meyer-depew.com/warm-savings/.
About Meyer & Depew Co.
Meyer & Depew, located in Kenilworth, NJ, provides outstanding heating and cooling solutions to customers in Central and Northern New Jersey. Its team of highly trained technicians install and maintain heating and cooling systems with the highest levels of professionalism and customer satisfaction. President Bobby Ring was recently featured as an HVAC expert on a Dateline NBC story in which he evaluated questionable recommendations made by a number of HVAC technicians.
For more information, please visit www.meyer-depew.com or contact:
Meyer & Depew
For additional press information, please contact:
# # #