PLEASANTON, CA, July 26, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Leon Malmed, a charismatic senior executive with leading Silicon Valley high tech companies, never shared the traumatic beginnings of his life in France during World War II with his friends and business associates.
"Nous Avons Survecu. Enfin Je Parle" published by Zea Books, University of Nebraska is Leon Malmed's gripping tale of how he and his sister escaped from the Holocaust in Occupied France. For three years, they were forced to play a harrowing game of hide-and-seek with the Nazis. They violated German orders and never wore the Jewish star. They often had to flee during Nazi roundups, and spent days hiding in basements, fields, and in the nearby forest. They were subjected to a kidnapping attempt by their aunt and uncle after the war. It's a narrative of love and courage set against a backdrop of tragedy, fear, injustice, prejudice, and the greatest moral outrage of the modem era. It is a story of goodness triumphing, once more, over evil. It is an unusual interesting and at times humorous love story. It is a wonderful lesson of perseverance.
- "Wow ... what a magnificent book. I was unable to put it down. I read it in less than a day and forgot to move! Poignant indeed. Beautifully written. It is a true testament to the strength and determination of the human spirit and love of family. A great read for teenagers as well."
- I must tell you how impacted I was in reading this marvelous book. I truly felt that I got to know the people in his life in a deeply personal manner.
- I can't begin to identify with the incredible life he has experienced. The events he tells with so many details have made a lasting impact on me.
- I just finished reading "We Survived...At Last I Speak." I am hesitant to write a review because I can't find the words that do it justice. It so powerful and heart wrenching, but at the same time it is loving and at times humorous.
- You will not be able to put this book down. Once you start reading you will be immersed in a very personal story of survival. Leon Malmed transports the reader to the small town where he grew up. The way he describes the tragic events from the point of view of a small and innocent young boy, whose destiny was changed because he was Jewish makes you feel a connection to him, to his sister and to the brave family members that risked everything to save them.
Leon was given a second chance to live, to move to a new country that would accept him, to succeed in his career and to re-start a new wonderful family.
"Nous Avons Survecu. Enfin Je Parle" is available in paperback at Lulu.com, Amazon.com, and in the Amazon-Kindle Store for digital download. It is also available in English paperback "We Survived. At Last I Speak" and Digital versions from the same sources.
Leon Malmed is available for interviews and can be contacted by phone at (530) 541-4909, or email at email@example.com