WINDSOR, ENGLAND, December 17, 2010 /24-7PressRelease/
-- New research* from iPhone insurance specialist Protect your bubble has revealed that women are more financially savvy when it comes to iPhone insurance, with 100% of all female respondents saying they have mobile phone insurance cover compared to just 40% of men.
The online poll revealed that:
- 50% of females have iPhone insurance
via their network service provider and 50% via a standalone policy;
- this compares with just 20% of males who have cover via their network service provider and 20% who have cover via a standalone iPhone insurance policy;
- 53% of men said they are not insured as they believe the cover is a "waste of money";
- 7% of men said that they "could not afford" iPhone insurance;
- 50% of those questioned in the 25-34 age bracket said they had a standalone mobile phone insurance policy while the other 50% are not insured;
- In the 35-54 age bracket, 34% have a standalone policy, 33% have cover via their network service provider and, 33% are not insured;
- In the 55+ age bracket, 100% of respondents do not have iPhone insurance.
Commenting on the research, Stephen Ebbett from Protect your bubble says: "It appears that women are more aware of the benefits of iPhone insurance
, with 100% of those responding to the poll saying that they have this valuable cover, compared to just 40% of their male counterparts.
"It is surprising that 53% of men say that their mobile phone is not covered as they don't believe in the value of iPhone insurance. Mobile phones can easily be damaged, stolen or lost and the cost to replace them can be financially catastrophic**, especially compared to the low cost of iPhone insurance."
He adds that in the last twelve months, 1 in 5 Protect your bubble mobile phone insurance holders have made a claim - with nearly half of these claims (45%) being for accidental damage and proving just how vulnerable our iPhones are.
Mr Ebbett summarises: "It is good to see that the ladies are financially savvy when it comes to insuring their mobile phones, though 50% of them who do have mobile phone cover with their network service provider may find they get a more attractive deal by buying standalone insurance.
"There are low cost alternatives to insuring your iPhone with your network provider, and you could even make savings of up to 50%. For example, Protect your bubble iPhone insurance covers your iPhone against theft, accidental damage, break down outside of the manufacturer's warranty period for just GBP5.99 a month, with the option to add in loss cover for an extra GBP1 a month, too. Plus, you get 12 months' cover for the price of 11".
Other than iPhone insurance packages, Protect your bubble also offers gadget insurance on cameras, camcorders, notebooks, Blackberry devices, iPods, iPads mobile phones, game consoles, MP3 players, PC's, PDA's, Macbooks and satnavs from GBP1.49 a month
*Independent poll carried out on professional networking site Linkedin from 08.12.10-14.12.10
** Example: to replace a lost or damaged 8GB iPhone 3GS could cost around GBP420 while a 32GB iPhone 4 could cost GBP599 compared to the GBP6.99 cost of iPhone insurance from Protect your bubblewww.protectyourbubble.com
is an online insurance provider trying to make personal insurance simple, easy and uncomplicated - from buying a policy to making a claim. It currently offers gadget, travel, car, life, car hire, home and pet insurance.