RIDGEFIELD PARK, NJ, January 27, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- The Davos summit has come to an end. New ideas have been exchanged and new partnerships formed. Some companies, countries and individuals will benefit. The main purpose of changing the world however will more or less remain unfulfilled; because the biggest elephant in the room has not even come up; let alone measures discussed to remove it. In spite of all the progress in the mind sciences the biggest problem facing mankind has remained the same since biblical times. Religion calls it evil, philosophy calls it lack of wisdom and modern science calls it emotional baggage. Evil and lack of wisdom of yesterday is emotionally challenged behavior of today; all caused by the emotional baggage.
Emotionally challenged behavior comes from emotionally challenged brains. So creating a wise society and removing evil amounts to healing the emotionally challenged brain into an emotionally healthy brain. Creating a wise society boils down to brain therapy. Unless we launch a massive program to make the society wise we will not make real progress. Fortunately science has now recognized emotional intelligence education as important as regular education. So attempts are being made to teach emotional intelligence. Emotional intelligence at the highest stage is none other than wisdom; no wonder emotional intelligence education is as fuzzy as wisdom education. It is because the very nature of emotional-intelligence/wisdom is such that wisdom cannot be taught through learning and understanding the knowledge of wisdom. Wisdom is an innate property of the pure self. The pure self is generated by a pure brain. A pure brain is a brain free of all emotional baggage. Thus wisdom education is brain therapy that heals the subnormal and even the so called normal brain into an emotionally super healthy brain; by freeing the brain of all emotional baggage.
"The rising inequality of economic opportunities is America's "defining challenge of our time." - President Obama. There are indeed a few defining challenges of our times.
1. The time has come to wake up to the fact that we now have the know-how to define what wisdom is and how to create a wise society. Wisdom is a secondary entity and the cause of wisdom is the absence of the brain's capacity to produce ignorance.
2. The time has come to recognize that the fundamental cause of all this inequality/mess in society is due to emotionally challenged brains.
3. The time has come to recognize that managing emotionally challenged brains has not worked. The society is as messy as ever in spite of newer laws, better policing, better regular education, rising GDPs etc.
4. The time has come to create lessons and exercises for making the young and old wise.
5. The time has come to recognize that the old traditional ways of teaching wisdom has not worked. When the brain is hardwired to produce ignorance/emotionally-challenged-behavior then how can it be persuaded/threatened/taught/punished to produce emotionally super healthy behavior. Can one persuade/threaten/teach/preach/punish a nitrogen producing machine to produce oxygen? The hardwiring has to be changed. The emotionally challenged brain has to be healed into becoming an emotionally super healthy brain.
6.The time has come to realize that even President Obama's proposal of universal free prekindergarten for all 4-year-olds, to help more children realize their potential over time along with education and job-training initiatives will not remove the emotional dysfunctions of society.
7. The time has come to realize that corruption is also a function of the emotional baggage. The best way to remove corruption is to create a wise society. As there are four levels of the mind there are four levels of human beings and four levels of leaders as follows:
a) Premature mind (-2) A totally self-centered brutal human nature. Leaders that are stuck at this level manifest themselves as dictators and tyrants. At this stage of the mind the child considers his own self as all reality. In his mind he alone exists. One's own self is all that counts. Others don't count at all as they don't even exist. Leaders who are stuck at this emotional mind level consider themselves as all important and they build huge monuments to themselves and stash away money in illegal accounts neglecting and robbing the common man and the country. To achieve their own goals they abuse their power, commit atrocities and abuse human rights. In spite of all the illegal wealth and power this mind level leaders are very insecure. They spend a disproportionate amount of money on their own and their countries security. For these leaders they alone are above the law and everyone else is below the law. Except for the very few cronies of the leader the rest of the country lives in poverty and life remains a constant struggle. Many countries in the world are ruled by this -2 mind level leaders. We must wake up the world to their -2 emotional mind and its consequences. This -2 level emotional brain produces all kinds of emotionally challenged people. 20% people are from this level. The problem for some is that they lack economic opportunity but for the majority they lack the emotional intelligence to take advantage of the opportunities that are available. This is the brain level that is the biggest drag on the rest of the world and nothing will change unless this -2 emotional baggage is addressed.
b) Immature mind (-1) ... an opportunistic nature that will break the law if the individual thinks that he can get away with it. At this stage of the mind level the teenager thinks that even though he has no power today his time will come and he deserves the best today. He will try to fulfill his lopsided dreams by hook or by crook. He considers himself as most important and will do everything to make it so if he feels he can get away with committing illegal acts. Leaders whose minds are stuck at this level are extremely corrupt. They build up illegal fortunes at the cost of the country and the common man. Most third world countries have -1 mind level leaders. In spite of all the commerce and trade with the neighboring countries they still spend too much on defense neglecting real development sectors. This -1 brain level is such a monster that whole countries are afflicted with it from leaders to the common man. Unless the fundamental problem of the emotional baggage is addressed not much will change.
c) Mature mind (+1) ... a responsible nature that respects the equality of all. At this stage the adult mind considers himself as first among equals. He still struggles to make the most for his own self. He works for his own family first. Leaders who are at this level of the mind work for their whole nation but more so for their own supporters, their own party and their own vested interests first. When it comes to international relations they put their own country above all else. When President Bush places jobs above carbon emissions he is coming from this mind level. Most developed countries are in this category. They especially over spend on defense to remain first in military power at least in their own neighborhood. So called super powers and aspiring super powers try to expand the range of their defense powers by spending even more to show off power beyond their borders. They spend more than they need on defense but they spend enough on other sectors where the economy benefits the whole country. America and much of the world is driven by the trophy self-image at this +1 brain level. We continue to bring up our children on the belief that they are the best. Davos leaders can change this through their leadership bully pulpits.
d) Super mature mind (+2) ...an altruistic nature. At this mind level the mind develops to the highest level of emotional intelligence which is wisdom. The person considers himself as part of the whole human family. He considers everyone else as #1 irrespective of caste and creed, gender or economic status. Leaders who manifest themselves at this level genuinely work for the whole country and also try their best to help other countries. They don't help their own supporters above the opposition. They treat all alike with the same highest respect. For them all the people at large especially the poor are worthy of more attention and financial assistance so their priorities and policies focus on education, health, infrastructure and economic growth away from defense. Such leaders bring economic prosperity and real change in the lives of all the sections of society. The whole country becomes richer. Such leaders are truly altruistic and humble. All their spending is rational. Their priorities are equally focused on education, health, and infrastructure and defense and everything in-between. This is the kind of leader every country needs every time there is an election. This is the kind of self-images/citizens we need to emotionally educate to create a vast selfless society.
It is very clear that corruption and corrupt leaders are a function of the emotionally challenged brain.
8) The time is ripe to realize that giving money to the -2 , -1 and even +1 people will help but will still not be enough to change society much. As Gandhi said for a long lasting solution instead of just giving a hungry man fish, we must also teach him fishing.
The most popular word we hear each year at Davos and all other conferences is wisdom. Wisdom indeed is the key to really changing the world. Unfortunately mostly lip service is paid to wisdom as wisdom is still couched in fuzziness; which it need not be. We now have enough knowledge to fulfill the dream of Aristotle and Voltaire to make the masses wise.
Another key word we have heard at Davos is mindfulness. In today's tense world mindfulness is an essential cure and there is no end to how much mindfulness can be improved. We at the 4th R Foundation have come up with our own improvements. Please google, 'braintecness'.
The 4th R Foundation is a non-profit education research foundation that researches informal/emotional intelligence education, human nature, brain, mind, conscientiousness, self, wisdom, life coaching, adult reeducation, shyness, self image, emotional baggage, education for life, art of living and brain education etc.
# # #Read more Press Releases from Sajid Khan:
- 4th R Foundation: An Open Letter to The National Center for Education Research and the National Center for Special Education Research & All Those Involved in Researching American Education Reform
- An Open Letter to Some of My Mentors, Teachers and All Those on Twitter, Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn Etc. Who Want to Change the World
- The Solution to Most of the Manmade Ills of Society is Very Crystal Clear - it is About Nurturing the Brain Into Becoming Wise Through Healthy Parenting for the Young and by Brain Therapy for the Old
- Our Current Experts on Wisdom Have Published Books and Essays Trying to Explain Wisdom and Yet Wisdom Remains as Fuzzy as Ever!
- Education is Like a Building Where it Takes the First Five Years of Upbringing to Build the Education Foundation
- President Obama and Our Lawmakers Must Realize That Inequality is a Direct Result of Our Brain Education Being Emotionally Challenged - We Can Drastically Reduce This Gap by Reforming Brain Education
- Kind Attention: Obama's Brain Initiative Leaders; Your Responsibility is to Make Sure You Research and Implement All the Factors Involved in Creating Super Healthy Brains - Both Physical and Emotional
- How Would Life Be in This Year 2014 if Our Latest Cars Were Based on the Technology of the 20s and Traffic Signals Were Not Yet Invented?
- Kind Attention: Dalai Lama, President Obama, Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey, Google, Facebook, UN, Bill Clinton, Senators, Congress, Governments, NGOs, Sheikha Moza, Noam Chomsky, Prof. Cahill, Prof. Sree
- President Obama and His Education Team Must Wake Up to the Fact That We Now Have the Knowledge to Make the Society Wise; The Only Thing Blocking a Wise Society is His Ineffectual Education Leadership