WALDORF, MD, November 23, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/ -- The Kurt Carr Singers are known for impeccable vocal delivery and breathtaking harmonies. Vonnie Lopez, a member of the beloved ensemble since 2003, has been stunning the gospel community with her contribution on some of the ensemble's most endearing songs. Now the Lake Charles, Louisiana, resident is releasing her first solo project on Riverphlo Entertainment, headed by industry mainstay, GRAMMY Award Winner Luther "Mano" Hanes. The industry is already raving about the project's lead single, "The Name of Jesus". Conjuring up thoughts of Yolanda Adams and Tramaine Hawkins, Vonnie Lopez delivers "The Name of Jesus" with an anointing and power that's unforgettable. Already soaring up the BDS charts, the power ballad is captivating new fans of the artist.
The official video of the song has been released and can be viewed on YouTube (http://bit.ly/RUtVGT). The track, "The Name of Jesus", reminds listeners of the authority that's in the Name. From note one Vonnie's exquisite vocals are showcased - with the song and the singer leaving the listener speechless. Even more than the musical and vocal perfection is the Spirit of God that flows through the record. The lead single is currently available on iTunes.
The song alone is a testament to the supremacy of God. It's hard to believe that a young girl born tone-deaf could end up singing with one of Gospel music's greatest singing aggregations, the GRAMMY and Stellar Award winning Kurt Carr Singers. But God had a plan. Although she came from a singing family, Vonnie wasn't gifted in that area - not until she prayed. "God give me a voice to sing and I promise that for the rest of my days I will sing to you and I will sing for you," she said to God.
Clearly Vonnie got her answer. Her amazingly strong and mesmerizing soprano voice has opened doors for her to share the stage with artists such as Yolanda Adams, CeCe Winans, Donnie McClurkin, Marvin Sapp, J. Moss and the late Walter Hawkins. Not just a singer, but also a songwriter, Vonnie's songs have been recorded by The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir and Nor-Cal Mass Choir. In addition to singing the song of the Lord, she is in full-time ministry with her husband, Pastor Aaron Lopez at Eastwood Pentecostal Church in Lake Charles. She is a mother as well as the Vice President of Jordan International Aid. Their relief efforts have offered aid to Haiti, Nicaragua, India, Kenya, Cambodia and Japan. Currently, they are building an orphanage in Nairobi, Kenya.
As a speaker, she's been called to numerous countries to share words of inspiration. She's traveled to Israel, the Philippines, Nigeria, Nicaragua, England, Italy, Mexico, Germany, Bermuda and the Bahamas. Known for a positive and uplifting style of speaking, she founded the women's conference, Renewing My Spirit, which is held annually in Union City, CA. As much as she cherishes all the opportunities she's been given, for Vonnie, it all comes back to worship.
"People call me a worship leader, but really I am just a worshipper - and my assignment is to lead the people into God's presence" says Vonnie. "I know that when we enter the presence of God anything and everything is possible. Healing takes place. Miracles unfold. Deliverance happens. All in His presence. I just want to take the people to Jesus and I know that in His presence is everything they need." Fans can connect with Vonnie Lopez at her label's website, http://riverphlo.com/artists/vonnie-lopez/, and on Facebook and Twitter (@VonnieLopez).
Andrea R. Williams
Tehillah Enterprises, LLC
1.888.844.7701 ext. 707
# # #Read more Press Releases from Andrea Williams:
- Donald Lawrence Protege & Member of GRAMMY Award Nominated Group, The Murrills, Damion Murrill, To Release Debut Single, "Kingdom Come"
- Gospel Artist Bev Johnson Prepares To Ring In The Holidays With The Release Of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (With A Little Jazz And Love)"
- Christian Life Center's Servants of Praise Deliver the New Sound Of Praise & Worship on New Project, CLC: Live
- Gospel Artist Conrad Miller Encourages Believers To "Lift Your Voices" With Brand New Single
- New Gospel Songstress Josilyn Drake Pleads "Keep Us Lord" in Debut of Inspirational Lead Single
- Temple Of Deliverance COGIC Women's Choir Releases New Rousing Single, "Everybody Praise"
- Gospel Artist Gary Samuels Acts Out His Life on Stage In "Gospel Of The Blues" In Harlem, New York City on Sunday, May 19, 2013
- Prolific Songwriter & Recording Artist Kevin Davidson Releases New Single, "Something Happens"
- Industry Insiders Rave About Gospel Artist Rob Mercer's New Project, The Photo Album
- Praising Through Pain Gifted Worship Leader Madelyn Berry Gives God Glory With Upcoming CD, Release The Sound