- Products & Services
- Knowledge Base
HAUPPAUGE, NY, August 29, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/ -- In two weeks, business leaders from Long Island's best run and highest performing companies will gather to learn who among them are the "best of the best" as HIA-LI, the recognized voice for business on Long Island, recognizes those companies that have earned its prestigious HIA-LI 18th Annual Business Achievement Awards. On hand to provide opening remarks will be Chintu Patel, CEO of Amneal Pharmaceuticals, the recipient of last year's Business Achievement Award for large business. The much-anticipated gala luncheon event, where winning companies in five business categories are announced before an expected crowd of over 400 regional business leaders, will be held at the Crest Hollow Country Club in Woodbury, NY, 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM, Tuesday, September 12, 2012. More information about the awards event is available at: http://bit.ly/hia-li-baa-event-2012.
"This annual event is an opportunity to recognize and celebrate the best businesses and organizations on Long Island. The HIA-LI Business Achievement Awards finalists have demonstrated outstanding achievements in growing their organizations," said Terri Alessi-Miceli, President of HIA-LI. "HIA-LI welcomes Chintu Patel, who has been on this platform before, as he offers his insights to the assembled business leaders."
CEO Roundtable Event
Earlier, from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM, also at the Crest Hollow Country Club, Suffolk County IDA Executive Director Anthony Manetta will lead a CEO Roundtable to discuss important services relevant to Long Island business owners and executives. The Suffolk County IDA will also detail how leasing into larger space, buying a property or renovating a facility could be more cost-effective with incentives. Those interested in attending this complimentary event should email Terri Alessi-Miceli at firstname.lastname@example.org
This year's show sponsor is Amneal Pharmaceuticals. Other award and event sponsors to date include: Albrecht, Viggiano, Zureck & Company; Business Asset Furniture; Communication Strategy Group; Crest Hollow Country Club; Design Audio Visual (DAV); Factxback.com Websites & Video; Farrell Fritz, PC; Grassi & Co.; H2M Architects & Engineers; Lorraine Gregory Communications Group; Newsday; People's Alliance Federal Credit Union (PAFCU); Ping Media Inc.; Stony Brook University College of Business; Stony Brook University; The Kensington Company; and VAI.
Finalists in the HIA-LI 18th Annual Business Achievement Awards competition in five separate business categories are:
Large Businesses (100 or more employees):
- A & Z Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - a leading global developer, manufacturer and supplier of a wide range of OTC pharmaceutical products and nutritional supplements
- Deloitte LLP - helps businesses with audits, financial advisory, tax & consulting.
- Grassi & Company - a full-service tax, accounting, and business advisory firm
- Hess Corporation - an energy marketer-providing oil, natural gas and demand response
Small Businesses (less than 100 employees):
- Cerini & Associates - a full service accounting firm specializing in healthcare, nonprofit, education, and more
- Lorraine Gregory Communications Group - a complete direct mail marketing company
- The Kensington Company - a leading merger and acquisitions firm focusing on both middle-market and smaller business transactions
Rookie of the Year (companies that have been operating less than five years):
- Digital Natives Group - a digital agency
- GUZU Inc. - a comprehensive turnkey electronics recycling solution with free nationwide pick-up
- Joseph Gabriel AIA Architects - a full service architectural firm specializing in corporate interiors, adaptive reuse of existing structures, violation removal and residential projects
- New Millennium Technology Services - a provider of tech support, PC repair, data recovery, networking and computer services in and around Long Island
- Habitat for Humanity of Suffolk/ReStore - a non-profit builder of affordable homes
- Stony Brook University College of Business - a leading business school offering both undergraduate education and an MBA program
- United Way of Long Island - advancing the common good by investing in and developing programs that address Long Islander's critical needs in education, income/financial stability and health
Special Innovation Award
- St. Catherine's of Siena Medical Center - not-for-profit community hospital, senior housing facility and medical office facility
Those interested in attending the luncheon, or companies interested in becoming sponsors, should visit http://bit.ly/hia-li-baa-event-2012 or contact Alicia Figueras at HIA-LI at email@example.com or 631-543-5355.
HIA-LI helps Long Island businesses prosper. For over 30 years, we have been the recognized voice for business on Long Island and a powerful force and economic engine for regional development. We provide a forum for business leaders to network, problem solve and obtain advice on critical issues facing their businesses. Our member companies represent tens of thousands of business professionals. We're headquartered in and support one of the largest industrial parks in the United States. HIA-LI programs and events promote strategic partnerships, targeted networking, information sharing and business advocacy. Members benefit from our committees, educational programs, career resources, research capabilities, mentoring opportunities and business advisory services. For more information, visit http://www.hia-li.org or call 631-543-5355.
Arthur Germain, Communication Strategy Group, for HIA-LI
# # #