LOS ANGELES, CA, December 14, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Marina Del Rey Toyota asks you to give something that is truly meaningful this holiday. Become a blood donor and help save a life with the American Red Cross. Every couple of seconds someone in the United States is in need of blood. Over 41,000 blood donations are needed daily. Although nearly 38% of the population is eligible to donate blood, less than 10% actually do. Unfortunately, blood cannot be manufactured to meet demands--it can only come from generous donors. Donate today, and be a part of a cause that helps millions of patients in need.
On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
, Marina Del Rey Toyota will be hosting a Holiday Blood Drive to bring the community together for a good cause at the end of the year. This gives anyone who wanted to do something good in 2013 one last chance to get in a good deed.
Make your appointment at www.redcrossblog.org
and enter sponsor code ToyotaMDR or contact Kevin Ray at email@example.com
. All donors will receive a coupon for a free Cold Stone's Creation ice cream, a coupon for two free tickets to the Laugh Factory, and a voucher for a discounted ticket to a LA Kings hockey game for their generous donation.
To ensure the safety of blood donation for both donors and recipients, all blood donors must meet eligibility requirements. Donors must be 17 years old or older (or 16 years old with parental consent if allowed by state law), meet weight and height requirements (at least 110 lbs.), and be in good health.
To ensure the safety and success of your donation, please follow the recommendations below.
- Maintain a healthy iron level by consuming foods rich in iron, such as red meat, poultry, fish, spinach, and beans.
- Be well rested.
- Drink 16 oz. of water before the donation.
- Eat a healthy, non-fatty meal before your donation.
- Make sure your system has been free of aspirin for two days prior to donation.
- Bring your donor car, driver's license or two forms of identification.
- Wear clothing with sleeves that can roll above the elbow.
- Inform the person taking your blood if you have a preferred arm or show them of any good veins used successfully in the past.
- Make sure to be relaxed.
- Drink 8 ounces of liquids and avoid alcohol for the next 24 hours.
- Remove the wrap bandage within the next hour.
- Keep the strip bandage on for the next several hours.
- Clean and disinfect area around the strip bandage to avoid skin rash.
- No heavy lifting or vigorous exercise until the following day.
- If bleeding at the needle site starts, apply pressure to the area and raise your arm straight up until bleeding stops.
- Sit or lie down if you experience dizziness or lightheadedness.
- Call 1-866-236-3276 to report any further health information.
Marina Del Rey Toyota wishes you a happy holidays. We would also like to give very special thanks to all volunteers, whose generous blood donations and support have brought smiles to many families this holiday season. For more information please visit the Marina Del Rey Toyota Website
Holiday Blood Drive
Tuesday, December 31
9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Bloodmobile at Car Lot
4636 Lincoln Blvd.
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
(310) 821-8979Email Us Here