NEW YORK, NY, September 06, 2016 /24-7PressRelease/
-- The Mesothelioma Victims Center says, "Avoid impulse shopping for an attorney when it comes to an attorney to assist with a mesothelioma compensation claim. We do not want the family of a US Navy Veteran, or someone's dad who has been recently diagnosed with mesothelioma to hire a less-than-stellar lawyer/law firm to handle a mesothelioma compensation claim. As we would like explain anytime at 800-714-0303, advertisements such as 'claims center,' 'no lawsuit needed,' or 'billions recovered' are all linked to mesothelioma marketing law firms as opposed to actual mesothelioma attorneys who in reality handle the claim.
"Don't let your father or mother with mesothelioma become brokered out to some unknown law firm." http://MesotheliomaVictimsCenter.Com
Incredibly vital tips for hiring a lawyer/law firm when it comes a family dealing with a mesothelioma diagnosis:
* "The family of a person with mesothelioma should interview lawyers that suggest they deal with mesothelioma compensation claims as if it was a job interview-because it is.
* "If the lawyer cannot answer easy questions about recent courtroom successes, where they can prove they were the lead attorney on a trial that produced a multi-million-dollar settlement, please call us at 800-714-0303 for the names of specific attorneys who have these types of references.
* "Avoid going local with a mesothelioma compensation claim because chances are extremely high there will not be an attorney in your area who has ever successfully handled a mesothelioma compensation claim.
* "There are about a dozen highly-regarded mesothelioma law firms in the United States that exclusively handle mesothelioma compensation claims--call us and we will suggest who we consider to be the top two or three.
* "Please do not fall for the old 'let us send you a book about mesothelioma' routine because in more instances than not, it's a law firm attempting to get your personal information and then then they will drive the family crazy with repeated phone calls.
* "Don't wait too long to hire a skilled full-time mesothelioma attorney to assist with a compensation claim. If a diagnosed person waits too long, the statute of limitations could run out in your state which also means potentially no compensation as we would like to explain anytime at 800-714-0303." http://MesotheliomaVictimsCenter.Com
High risk work groups for exposure to asbestos include Veterans of the US Navy, power plant workers, shipyard workers, steel mill workers, oil refinery workers, factory workers, plumbers, electricians, welders, pipefitters, miners, auto mechanics, machinists, pulp or paper mill workers, printers, firemen, rail road workers and construction workers. In most instances people with mesothelioma were exposed to asbestos in the 1950's, 1960's, 1970's, or 1980's.
According to the CDC the states indicated with the highest incidence of mesothelioma include Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, Michigan, Illinois, Minnesota, Louisiana, Washington, and Oregon.
However, based on the calls the Mesothelioma Victims Center receives a diagnosed victim of mesothelioma could live in any state including New York, Florida, California, Texas, Illinois, Ohio, Iowa, Indiana, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, or Alaska. http://MesotheliomaVictimsCenter.Com
For more information about mesothelioma please refer to the National Institutes of Health's web site related to this rare form of cancer: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/mesothelioma.html