MIAMI, FL, December 04, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- - MIC Food, a leading provider of value-added frozen plantains and other tropical fruits and vegetables to the foodservice industry, is pleased to announce it has recently received its certification as a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) by the Southern Florida Minority Supplier Development Council—one of the 36 regional affiliates of the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC).
"We are honored to receive Minority Business Enterprise certification, which will allow MIC Food a unique opportunity to establish business relationships with corporate affiliates and other MBEs," explained Cirabel Lardizabal Olson, Vice President of Strategy and Marketing for MIC Food. "We are certain that this prestigious certification, combined with our line of consistent, high-quality authentic Latin and Caribbean products, will place MIC Food in a favorable position for growth and success."
NMSDC's Minority Business Enterprise certification is a highly coveted designation for minority-owned businesses in the United States. This rigorous certification process requires that minority businesses in the Network are at least 51% minority-owned, operated and controlled. A combination of screenings, interviews and site visits establishes eligibility. This feature distinguishes NMSDC from other organizations or entities that publish directories which allow "self-certification" as their standard. MIC Food will be listed in a national database, which can be accessed by all 36 regional minority councils and thousands of corporations and businesses across the country.
"We have clients who are interested in supporting minority owned businesses," said Olson. "We are happy to be members of this prestigious family of enterprises bringing quality products and services to the market."
About MIC Food
Founded in 1987, MIC Food is the largest US importer of frozen plantain products, including sweet plantain slices, tostones, plantain cups and other plantain derived products. Its line of Latin American and Caribbean products include other tropical favorites such as yuca, malanga, yuca fries, boniato, pineapple, papaya, kiwi, fruit pulps and fruit concentrates. The company offers ready-to-heat frozen products for restaurants and food service clients throughout the US and in Europe. Headquartered in Miami, FL, MIC Food is an integrated farm-to-distributor concept, with FSSC-certified processing facilities in Central and South America. For more information about the brand, visit http://www.micfood.com.
The National Minority Supplier Development Council advances business opportunities for certified Asian, Black, Hispanic and Native American business enterprises and connects them to corporate members. One of the country's leading corporate membership organizations, NMSDC was chartered in 1972 to provide increased procurement and business opportunities for minority businesses of all sizes. For more information, visit http://www.nmsdc.org.
# # #Read more Press Releases from Kimberly Miller:
- Play Detective With Clue at Ryan's, HomeTown Buffet and Old Country Buffet This December
- Miami-Based MIC Food Announces Global Food Safety Certification of Its Processing Plants
- Gobble Up a Tasty Thanksgiving Feast and Leave the Cooking To Ryan's, HomeTown Buffet, and Old Country Buffet
- Capture Holiday Memories at Ryan's, HomeTown Buffet and Old Country Buffet as They Launch Seasonal Family Sweepstakes with dotPhoto
- Hometown Buffet Offers More Tasty Reasons To Start Your Day With a Good Breakfast
- Buffets Inc. CEO Anthony Wedo Appears on CBS's "Undercover Boss" Friday, October 18
- Old Country Buffet and HomeTown Buffet Feature Rising Hospitality Leaders During Hispanic Heritage Month
- The Lynne Mitchell Foundation Awards its First $2,500 Scholarships to Exceptional Seaview Elementary Students, Ashanique Russell and Ashaylia Duncan
- Ryan's, HomeTown Buffet and Old Country Buffet Partner with Cool Cat Garfield for Purr-Fect Family Night Promotion This September
- Buffets, Inc. Ends Fiscal Year with Back-to-Back Positive Quarters, Delivering Strongest Sales Results in Eight Years