FORT LAUDERDALE, FL, February 26, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- National Multiple Sclerosis Education and Awareness Month (#NMSEAM) was created to promote and raise awareness, provide education and assistance to those who have this chronic illness and their families who are affected by it. "Education and awareness for MS is extremely important as it's often overlooked and misunderstood," said Nathalie Sloane, Development Director for The Multiple Sclerosis Foundation.
The Multiple Sclerosis Foundation, a 501c3 publicly-funded non-profit organization headquartered in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla, announces Jersey Mike's "Month of Giving" half-way party on Thursday, March 13th, 5:30-7:30pm at 7011 North State Road 7, Parkland.
The party is in honor of Jersey Mike's "Month of Giving" for supporting #4MSF. Chanel from Mega 94.9 and 93.9 WMIA will be on site with their promotion team and prizes. Celebrity guests includes NBC'S THE VOICE and #TEAMSHAKIRA Monique Abbadie, who recently debuted her song "No Fear" in honor of MS, as well as Olympic Gold Medalist Boxer & CEO of Fight Time Promotions, Howard Davis Jr, who was recently inducted into the Florida Boxing Hall of fame.
On March 14th, the iconic downtown Fort Lauderdale 110 Tower building will display the Blue/Orange/Yellow colored lights around the top of the building in honor of #NMSEAM.
A fashion statement in support of MSF will also launch this March. Survival Straps in bracelet or key fob designs to show strength and unity.
Many cities have scheduled various dates for live programs
• Tampa, FL; 3/6
• West Nyack, NY & Fort Wentworth, GA; 3/8
• Dallas, TX; 3/11
• San Diego, CA; 3/13
• Omaha, NE; 3/15
• Stevensport, WI & Stone Mountain, GA; 3/17
• College Park, GA & Saint Petersburg, FL; 3/19
• Peachtree City, GA; 3/20
• Oklahoma City, OK & Kansas City, KS; 3/22
• Boise, ID & Maple Grove, MN; 3/29
To participate in the following free teleconferences, call 1-888-550-5602 and enter code 23441168.
• The Affordable Care Act & MS by Daniel Kantor, M.D., Medical Director, Neurologique at 9:00PM EST, 3/4
• Adhering to Your MS Therapy by Aaron Boster, M.D., Director, MS Center, Ohio State University at 9:00PM EST, 3/12
• An MSers Guide to Health and Happiness by Dr. Elizabeth King, LCSW, CHt, Wellness Expert, CEO, International Holistic Center, 9:00pm EST, 3/19
MSF plans to host their signature Gala Event sometime in the fall. For information visit http://www.msfocus.org or call 888-MSFOCUS.
# # #