Contact Us

New Dry Skin Treatment's Ingredients on FDA's Most Safe List

SkinMD Natural, a breakthrough dry skin treatment is a new product has been found to contain not only natural ingredients, but with ingredients on the FDA's most safe list.
    BEVERLY HILLS, CA, August 17, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/ -- SkinMD Natural, a breakthrough dry skin treatment is a new product that binds with the outer layer of the skin to form a protective layer, contains 93% natural ingredients. The other 7% are on the FDA's most safe list.

As consumers become more aware of the dangers of toxic chemicals, dry skin care manufacturers across the nation have jumped on the natural dry skin remedy bandwagon. But many of these products contain so many potentially toxic chemicals, the term "natural" is actually misleading. Recent FDA investigation into this area has shown that SkinMD Natural's dry skin care ingredients are among the safest available today.

Most "natural" dry skin care products are really not natural, including those products touted as the best lotion for dry skin. Some products may have aloe vera, Vitamin E, or other substances that promote good health. But alongside those ingredients, you may also find petroleum-derived substances such as isopropyl alcohol and propylene glycol - which are used in anti-freeze - or mineral oil, which coats the skin like plastic.

Other potentially harmful ingredients include parabens - preservatives that have been linked to human breast cancer. Parabens have been shown to damage sperm formation in animal studies - and phthalates, commonly found in 'fragrance'. Phthalates are endocrine disruptors that can interfere with the development of the reproductive system. Studies have shown that phthalates can also be passed from mother to baby.

"The FDA has no regulations regarding cosmetics or dry skin treatment products," said Dan Mueller, developer of SkinMD Natural and founder of 21st Century Formulations, Inc. "Consequently, manufacturers use the cheapest ingredients they can find in their dry skin cream products, regardless of whether or not those ingredients have been found to be toxic or even carcinogenic."

As there are no restrictions on labeling, skin care treatment products can contain just a tiny amount of a natural ingredient and pronounce the product 'natural' on the label.

"Unsuspecting consumers buy the product, thinking they're buying something relatively free of harmful chemicals," said Mueller.

"We're aware of the potential dangers of many of the chemicals used in dry skin care products," said Mr. Mueller. "We formulated our products to be effective, but safe. Our lotions are free of parabens, petrochemicals, dyes, and other irritating ingredients. They are also vegan, cruelty free, and eco-friendly."

Dr. Peter Helton, board certified dermatologist, had this to say about SkinMD Natural:

"Previously all other moisturizers used glycerin as a humectant. What a humectant is - is an ingredient that draws in moisture from the air and allows moisture to be maintained within the body. Skin MD has a proprietary new ingredient that is proven to be 6 times more effective than glycerin. That is, as far as I know, the only product on the market that has this ingredient."

For more information on the potential dangers of dry skin care product ingredients, natural dry skin care, or SkinMD Natural, visit www.skinmdnatural.com.

21st Century Formulations is a company dedicated to creating healthy skin care shielding lotions. For more information please contact 1-800-540-4790.


# # #

Read more Press Releases from Jon Soeder:


Comment on this story...

Share This Story


Email this Story

Contact Information


Jon Soeder
21st Century Formulations

Beverly Hills, CA
USA
Voice: 800-540-4790
E-Mail: Email Us Here
Website: Visit Our Website

Like This Story?


I like it! 0

Disclaimer


If you have any questions regarding information in this press release, please contact the person listed in the contact module of this page. Please do not attempt to contact 24-7 Press Release Newswire. We are unable to assist you with any information regarding this release. 24-7 Press Release Newswire disclaims any content contained in this press release. Please see our complete Terms of Service disclaimer for more information.