ARVADA, CO, July 15, 2010 /24-7PressRelease/ -- On Friday June 18, 2010 the EPA announced a delay in the enforcement of firm and worker certification requirements under the EPA RRP rule. The agency acknowledged the need for additional time for renovation firms and workers to become trained and certified under the RRP Rule. The EPA initially issued the Lead RRP rule due to a disturbing number of America's children that are still poisoned by lead-based paint in their homes-leading to learning and behavioral disorders. The delayed enforcement of the new rule by the EPA will be in effect until October 1, 2010.
The RRP rule took effect April 22, but in the June 18th memo from EPA Assistant Administrator Cynthia Giles, the EPA announced its delaying of the enforcement, acknowledging time-sensitive concerns raised by many trade associations including NARI. Once the rule does go into effect in October, penalties for non-compliance could reach $32,500 per day, an amount larger than many small contractors make during a year.
NEW PROVEN LEAD-BASED PAINT (LBP) TECHNOLOGY SOLVES PROBLEMS:
MT2, LLC manufactures the new patented & proven technology that "removes the hazards from lead-based paint (LBP) abatement." The EcoBond product line supports compliance with the new EPA RRP rule. How does it help?
• EASE OF USE - Just paint ECOBOND LBP onto any surface that contains lead-based paint to create a NON-HAZARDOUS waste.
• CONTRACTOR PROTECTION - Simple solution for chipping & peeling lead-based paint - reduces problem as ECOBOND LBP seals onto existing surface protecting workers and property owners; simplifies cleanup.
• LOW COST SOLUTION - ECOBOND LBP costs are similar to standard latex paint prices, saving contractors and property owners thousands of dollars.
ECOBOND LBP simplifies the burden of requirements for contractor and property owner compliance with the EPA's new RRP rule, providing substantial cost savings. The effectiveness is particularly important for contractors as they seek alternatives to lower costs in the highly competitive business of renovations and repair.
• Currently, EcoBond LBP is sold in 5 gallon pails which provide an average coverage of up to 1500 square feet per container for the very reasonable price of $199.99 plus shipping and taxes, if applicable.
• A stripper additive can be purchased in 45 lb quantities, also sold in 5 gallon pails, for $99.99 plus shipping and any applicable taxes.
For more information about ECOBOND LBP contact Ben Goss, LBP Product Manager for MT2, LLC. Contact information follows:
LBP Product Manager
888-435-6645 toll free
14045 W. 66th Ave
Arvada, CO 80004
# # #