CHICAGO, IL, July 09, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Today, Myles Cochran, Marketing Director at Jeron Electronic Systems, Inc. announced the Touchscreen IP Intercom features supporting the multi-tasking communication requirements of acute care and clinical environments. The IP Intercom Staff Terminal is the most recent in a series of innovative options for Provider 790 nurse call, a VoIP-based platform designed to improve communication, patient satisfaction and workflow processes in acute care settings.
"We recognized a need for streamlined staff to staff communication within and across departments - within the ED, a surgical suite, med/surg units, clinic or even across a medical campus", said Cochran. "and every second counts in many of these settings. The one-touch terminal allows staff to connect - instantly - with other Nurse Consoles and Staff Terminals throughout the facility and access, with the press of a single button, a broad spectrum of Provider 790's features and advantages."
An important benefit of the IP Intercom Terminal is its ability to keep staff focused and engaged in the patient task at hand. "We all know how busy caregivers and staff are masters of multi-tasking," stated Cochran. "A recent study indicated that hospital nurses multi-task 1/3 of their work day." The increased risk of errors demands strategies that control interruptions and the resulting time away from patients. "The IP Intercom Terminal allows staff to remain with patients while instantly accessing and relaying critical information to other team members. It's a practical tool that lets staff selectively reduce the unproductive phone calls and overhead pages that impact continuity of care."
The new IP Intercom functionality is part of the Provider 790 Staff Terminal which features:
- Touchscreen operation with up to 60 customizable color-coded buttons for intercom, call placement, and workflow
- Convenient wall-mount design for already congested staff areas
- Crystal clear VoIP full duplex audio communications
- Hands-free answering, ideal for sterile applications
- Four levels of caregiver-selected privacy for inbound intercom calls: Hands-Free Answer, Acknowledge to Answer, Full Privacy and Do Not Disturb
- Resides on the Provider 790 nurse call network - separate from the facility's LAN and designed for 24/7 operation
The addition of IP Intercom adds to the flexibility of the Touchscreen Staff terminal including:
- Team-based patient rounding and self-reminders for consistent visits to patients
- One-touch to alert staff and caregivers to active workflows via a pocket page message or text message to their in-house wireless or SIP phone
- Staff log-in for full Nurse Console capability displaying and answering patient calls
- Staff locate by name and level, with single-press communication to the intercom station where the specific staff member is locatedABOUT PROVIDER 790 NURSE CALL
Provider 790 is a complete nurse call communication solution, offering clear VoIP digital/full-duplex audio, wireless phone and pocket pager integration, simple touch screen operation, one-touch facility-wide intercom, automated alerting/workflow functionality and a wide spectrum of patient and staff area components - all designed to optimize patient care and staff efficiency. All Provider systems are backed by Jeron's industry-leading five-year warranty.
ABOUT JERON ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS:
A leader in communications systems for the healthcare industry, Jeron Electronic Systems is the engineering and manufacturing force behind Provider nurse call systems. Provider systems facilitate communications, speed response times and integrate with a wide spectrum of alerting and notification technologies, all focused on delivering the highest levels of patient care. From its founding in 1965, Jeron has earned a solid reputation for innovation, quality and service. Jeron products are engineered and manufactured in the USA.
For more information regarding the Provider 790 communication solution, visit http://www.jeron.com/products/nurse-call/provider-790
or call 800.621.1903.