ATLANTA, GA, January 18, 2011 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Collector-ActionFigures ("DASH") (www.Collector-ActionFigures.com
) today announced the launch of a completely new web front-end, increasing usability, functionality and performance for its action figure collector users. With this latest upgrade of DASH, collectors can now seamlessly connect their favorite figures to their friends through Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites. With the only mobile action figure app available for action figure collectors (today available for the iPhone), DASH has also announced that it will soon launch a mobile app for Android-based phones. A video tour of the new site is available at the DASH YouTube Channel
With collectors already managing hundreds of thousands of action figures on the site, DASH provides the most comprehensive action figure catalog, photo archive and online price guide for collectors. Integrated through the site is the ability for collectors to securely buy and sell their own action figures in a more convenient and affordable community site than other online sites.
"This release is the reward for the thousands of action figure collectors that have supported DASH this past year," said Bill Jones, President of CollectorDASH. "As a result of their feedback and contributions, this new user experience really showcases how DASH empowers and connects the action figure community."
"Action figure collectors, and the dealers that sell to them, are going to love the new site," said Bryan Tatum. "I've used DASH for more than a year now, and it is now really intuitive, fast, and even more useful. I have followed these guys for a long time, and their vision and hard work really shows in this upgrade."
DASH provides an integrated software platform for action figure collectors. Its core features are:
A wiki-enabled "Catalog"
- The Catalog is the best structured, comprehensive resource for action figure collectors. It solves the ambiguity of figure naming and identification, helps collectors learn, share and grow their interest in the hobby, and serves as a living foundation for making collection management and selling easier.
Simple collection management
- Because it is based on the Catalog, DASH's collection management is a simple matter of finding their items and clicking "Add to Collection" or "Add to Wanted List". When a collector buys an item, it is automatically added to his collection.
Structured, active and secure Marketplace
- With a common platform to identify all items for sale, sellers save time in researching their items for sale, and buyers appreciate the inherent specificity of the listings. Items are found not only through blind searches, but instead also through a familiar structure tailored for action figures. Wanted Items are flagged and provide alerts when new items are listed for sale or reduced in price. All transactions are encrypted and use PayPal for funds transfer.
Anytime, anywhere access
- As a web-based solution, DASH is accessible from any browser. Additionally, DASH has action figure applications for the iPhone and Android (coming soon) mobile platforms.
- DASH strives to bring collectors together. Collecting is a social activity, and DASH helps collectors share. Send a figure to someone. Post to your social network. Rate a figure. Learn about other great community web sites.
The global DASH Marketplace integrates seamlessly with PayPal, making transactions fast, easy and secure. Buyers and sellers receive email notifications within minutes of sales. Sellers can then print pre-printed shipping labels with just a few mouse clicks. Detailed transaction reporting is also provided, and buyers and sellers use a traditional feedback system making it easy to identify and deal with trusted partners. DASH is free for end users, and costs sellers only a 4.95% transaction fee when items sell.www.Collector-ActionFigures.com
is the first product by CollectorDASH, LLC who are focused on providing innovative, integrated marketplaces for collectors worldwide. CollectorDASH's founders have over 80 years of software and collecting experience.