ATLANTA, GA, March 10, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- The Georgia CIO Leadership Association is now accepting nominations for the fifteenth annual Georgia CIO of the Year Awards on November 1, 2013 at the Cobb Galleria Centre.
Established in 1998 and considered the premier technology executive program in the state, this event honors chief information officers who have shown excellence in managing enterprise-wide information systems. The five awards categories are: Global, Enterprise, Corporate, Non-profit / Public Sector, and Lifetime Achievement.
Nominations for the Awards may be submitted by anyone with knowledge of the accomplishments of a specific CIO. This may include staff members, partners, service providers, former employees, vendors, associates, and other CIOs who are aware of deserving candidates. Nominee requirements:
• Holds the title of Chief Information Officer or equivalent senior IT leadership position
• Primarily responsible for the IT operations of a Georgia-based organization or subsidiary located in Georgia
• Is a member of top management
• Has held current position since 4/1/12
Finalists and award recipients are chosen by a panel of distinguished judges, including prior award winners. CIOs are evaluated on their contributions in Innovation, Leadership, Business Value Creation, and Community Involvement.
The nominations process is simple and takes less than five minutes to complete. Nominate a CIO at http://www.georgiacio.org/nominate. The deadline for nominations is March 22, 2013.
The 2013 Georgia CIO of the Year Awards is made possible by the following sponsors:
• Gold sponsors: Polycom, Abacus Solutions, Ciber, Carousel Industries, and Magenic
• Silver sponsors: MD&E Clarity, Software AG, Insight Enterprises, CTS, Mitel Networks, Dell, Yancey Power Systems, and Intermec
• Bronze sponsors: Presidio, The Coca-Cola Company, Korn/Ferry International, Slalom Consulting, Avaya, Prosys, Basho, and Strategic Systems & Technology Corporation
Sponsors must be invited by a Georgia CIO to participate in the Awards program. For sponsorship information, or to recommend an organization, contact Tracy Crump, Executive Director, at 404-442-8600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Georgia CIO Leadership Association
The Georgia CIO Leadership Association (GCLA) is Georgia's preeminent professional association for senior technology leaders. Founded in 2003, its membership is comprised exclusively of chief information officers or individuals in equivalent positions from public and private companies, government, education and not-for-profit organizations throughout the state. The GCLA is a 501(c)(6) professional association led by a CIO Advisory Board from organizations including Georgia-Pacific, GE Energy, American Cancer Society, NCR Corporation, and The Coca-Cola Company. The GCLA is underwritten by support from Deloitte, IBM, Intellinet, Microsoft and Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP.
# # #Read more Press Releases from Kelly Eckstein: