PHOENIX, AZ, September 24, 2011 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Remember those book reports from grade school? They're finally going to come in handy, as the first of 5 contests sponsored by Write | Market | Design (http://www.facebook.com/writemarketdesign) to commemorate Banned Books Week 2011 (Sept. 24-Oct. 1) is the review of a book by an author who was recently banned/challenged in the U.S.
"Every year I see the articles about Banned Books Week and shake my head at some of the reasons given in defense of censorship. This year, I decided to do something about it!" says book consultant and Write | Market | Design founder, Laura Orsini. "I was taken with the concept of the word FREADOM on one of the Banned Books Week websites, and thought contests would be a good way to raise awareness that we still ban - and BURN - books in the United States of America in the 21st century," Orsini continues.
The 5 contests will start each consecutive day, Monday through Friday, of Banned Books Week. They include:
• Contest #1: Write a review of your favorite book by an author from a list of banned authors.
• Contest #2: Make a picture, poster, or other graphic representation of a book by an author from a
list of banned authors.
• Contest #3: Create a short video of yourself doing a mock interview with any author from a list of banned authors. Ask them to respond to the news that their book has been banned.
• Contest #4: Have someone take a photo of you reading a book by an author from a list of banned authors in a public location while you hold a sign that says, "A book by this author was banned in __[year]__.
• Contest #5: In 500 words or less, explain what "FREADOM" means to you, and why you oppose censorship.
Full rules and instructions for participating in these contests can be found at http://www.BannedBooksWeekContest.com.
All winning entries will be posted on the site. Winners of the daily contests will receive an attractive t-shirt; the Grand Prize winner, chosen from the 5 daily winners, will receive a $25 Amazon.com gift certificate.
Write | Market | Design is a book consulting company focused walking self-published authors through the writing, editing, publishing, and marketing processes.
# # #