LAS VEGAS, NV, March 05, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Poll Everywhere Inc. announced an innovative partnership with Microsoft Corp. and launched a new polling app for Microsoft PowerPoint 2013. Built through the Office 365 cloud app model, the new Poll Everywhere app brings advanced polling technology to leading businesses and consumers, reaching a potential user base of one billion. Today, customers can get the Poll Everywhere app for PowerPoint through the Office Store, which is accessible on Office.com and directly within the ribbon menu of Office 2013.
"Poll Everywhere has fundamentally changed the nature of presentations for millions of people, transforming speech into truly engaged conversations," said CTO Brad Gessler. "Many of our customers, from professional speakers to college professors, already use PowerPoint as their primary presentation tool, so building an app was a huge opportunity for us to reach them in a new, immersive way. We're thrilled the Office 365 developer platform is now making it even easier for PowerPoint decks to come alive with the energy of audience engagement."
As a contextual experience within PowerPoint, the Poll Everywhere app makes polling clickers a thing of the past. Customers can now create poll questions for their audience and display results instantly within PowerPoint presentations. Business groups can vote on brainstorming sessions and make real-time decisions and professors can quiz students using devices they already own.
"We couldn't be more inspired by the contextual solution Poll Everywhere has built for PowerPoint and we can't wait to see how our Office customers will leverage it," said Dene Cleaver, product marketing manager for the Office Store at Microsoft Corp. "They're a prime example of the excitement we're already seeing around our new PowerPoint API enhancements. This is the beginning of limitless possibilities."
Office 365 customers can expect the following benefits from the Poll Everywhere app for PowerPoint:
- Seamless creation of polls. Customers can create their own multiple choice, open response, and true/false polls without ever leaving PowerPoint. This seamless integration saves time and effort.
- Live results and visuals. Voting results will update automatically within PowerPoint slides in the form of bar charts, column charts, text walls, or other compelling visualizations that can be customized.
- Engaging audience participation. There is absolutely no hardware purchase necessary with Poll Everywhere. Audience members can participate from their mobile phones through the web or SMS text messaging.
- Easy app discovery and sharing. PowerPoint presentations that include information from the Poll Everywhere app can be activated in a more viral way because PowerPoint apps travel into the PowerPoint Online experience as well.
- Continued innovation with Office 365. Through the power of the cloud app model, Poll Everywhere will continue to bring the latest real-time polling technology to Office 365 customers.
Poll Everywhere demonstrated the new Poll Everywhere app for PowerPoint at Microsoft SharePoint Conference 2014 in Las Vegas. The Poll Everywhere app will also be used by a number of speakers throughout the week for conducting real-time polling as part of their presentations.
For more information about Office 365 and the Office Store, visit Office.com.
About Poll Everywhere Inc.
Poll Everywhere created the world's first and most powerful hardware-free audience response system. Poll Everywhere helps presenters, educators, trainers, and entertainers engage their audiences in unprecedented ways, by letting students and audiences use any mobile device they own to respond to questions in real time. Since its founding in 2008, more than 10 million people have responded to a Poll Everywhere question; and Poll Everywhere is now in use by more than 100,000 educators and in over forty percent of Fortune 1000 companies worldwide. http://www.polleverywhere.com
415-317-6682Email Us Here